Horrible scum bags (1 Viewer)

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
Hi all, don't know where to put this thread so thought it best to put it here.

As I know some of you are bikers out there I would just like to say to the individual or individuals last night night who tried steel my motorbike to go and get a job you horrible scum.

I woke up this morning to find they had broken into my shed, got some tools out and took the ignition apart! The one thing they didn't realise is I had a disc lock on the front brake discs! The metal on this is about half an inch thick, but they still tried to cut it with... wait for this, a junior hacksaw!! Idiots.

No wonder they need to steel to make money, they are obviously too thick to work!!

Thanks to them though they left everything there for me to put it all back together again and ride off to work this morning!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Now some people would not bother putting on a disc lock when it is in the shed - I know I never used to. Looks like it saved your day.

But as you say - total scum

Shiny side up

David

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I hate disk locks, ever since I forgot to take one off in Reigate High Street, accelerated away, all of 9 inches and dropped a big BMW KT1100 right in front off a full bus stop queue. It must have looked so funny I bet some of those bus passengers still talk about it. :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My hubby has a very desirable off road bike-all legal- in our garage.
Friday night about 1.30am I woke up, saw security light was on, we wnt down & they ran off but they had removed the glass from side window, got in & opened door from inside-Yale lock. Police came out & next day forensics came out.
Next night, Sat, at 12.30am Security light on again, same two trying to cut through the boarding at window :ROFLMAO:they were only using a pocket knife. Galloped out there they ran off, police called again-more forensics. We think because the MH wasn't in it's usual spot-was away for repair-they thought they had place to themselves.
Best bit is they were in full light-security lights and in full view off road! But two consecutive nights, they must be thick.
We took window out now just plain wall, that's put paid to their little game, the door has two big, mean locks on and loads of security in the garage.:ROFLMAO:

strod

Free Member
Mar 8, 2010
Funster No
I use a "bikesafe 250" to keep mine secure:-

Link Removed

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Friday night about 1.30am I woke up, saw security light was on, we wnt down & they ran off but they had removed the glass from side window, got in & opened door from inside-Yale lock. Police came out & next day forensics came out.
Next night, Sat, at 12.30am Security light on again, same two trying to cut through the boarding at window :ROFLMAO:they were only using a pocket knife. Galloped out there they ran off, police called again-more forensics. We think because the MH wasn't in it's usual spot-was away for repair-they thought they had place to themselves.
Best bit is they were in full light-security lights and in full view off road! But two consecutive nights, they must be thick.
We took window out now just plain wall, that's put paid to their little game, the door has two big, mean locks on and loads of security in the garage.:ROFLMAO:

Hi,
Make no mistake they aren`t thick, most likely just drugged up, they will keep coming back unless you get the place alarmed.
We know we`ve been there, we had a garden shed stripped out and contents layed out on the lawn, they got greedy and tried to smash into my workshop with a pickaxe which set off the alarm, I saw them running off down the road.

Police came telling us it was the 6th shed broken into that night, nothing could be done as they hadn`t taken anything, the officer also told us that he had been in court the previous day and when the prosecutor had made his opening staement saying that the defendants had broken in to steal, the defense brief stood up and said they didn`t intend to steal anything and there wasn`t any evidence to support this.
The prosecutor said then why did they break into the property that belonged to someone else and assemble certain items if not to steal them.

The defence answer was they were just looking at them.

Result was that they couldn`t be done for stealing...some legal system we have here.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Can't offer advice but just wanted you to know I join in the anger and sheer bloomin frustration at these greedy, lazy no-goods who wouldn't have a clue how to save up for something if they want it. And the justice system if they are caught ..... well ... we won't even go there:Angry:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Its one of the reasons why bike insurance is so high (along with the way some loonies choose to ride them of course!!!).

I friend of mine worked at an insurance brokers and he said, its not if you are ever going to claim on your bike insurance, just a matter of how many times you claim whilst you have a bike. :Doh:

OP
OP
B

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
The funny thing is I have two dogs who bark at anything that passes the window! Last night they didn't make a sound.

I have a feeling they'll be back again tonight, let's hope so as me (16 stone ex para) and the two dogs are sleeping in the kitchen tonight. I'll give them the fright of their lives!

And if they receive some minor injuries :boxing: then they must have fell over whilst running away from my property only to fall into my clenched fist I was shaking in anger at them running away!!:winky:

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
A good bit of advice about the disc lock or ground anchor as i've now got lazy and leave mine off in the garage, Don't like disc locks as i've done the same as the previous poster and forgot it when parked up with mates on Weymouth seafront, straight over:Doh: don't know who was laughing the hardest my mates or the whole of the seafront.
About a year ago my wife woke up and saw the security light on looked out and saw 3 trying to break into the garage, without properly waking up i found myself outside at 3am dressed in not alot:Blush:. The thieves had run off but the police caught them coming out of someones lounge window a little way down the road.
Got agarage defender now fior the up and over door

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would try these

Link Removed

you will then hear them and maybe catch them but put a few shooting type signs up as well you know the type I LOVE SHOTGUN type things and they may get the message :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my bro kept his bike in his garage and utilised the house burgler alarm wiring to include a 'security loop' using the tamper circuit of the alarm wiring.

a simple phono plug on one end of the wire and a phono socket on the wall.
loop the wire around the bike frame or back wheel and plug in...... thief breaks in, wheels bike out, thus pulling the plug and socket apart...alarm senses the tamper circuit has been triggered and goes off.

the advantage was the tamper is permenantly live even when the actual alarm circuit is inactive so could be used at any time...day or night.

Frankia

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Loaded shotgun placed in a vice and aimed at garage door. Piece of string attached to trigger and door. Just don't forget that you have done it!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
It's not just thieves who are 'thick' or 'stupid' (actually a few are incredibly clever), but also there are some extremely thick and stupid home owners.

My late mother who was light sleeper and often up in the middle of the night, witnessed a group of lads whom she thought were acting suspiciously around a wealthy neighbours house (very large detached in it's own grounds) so she called the Police. It was 3am.

The Police responded immediately, caught all the lads 'red handed' and promptly carted them off down to the local nick. My mother then got a phone call asking if an officer could call round to take a statement from her and they were particularly interested as to the neighbours whereabouts. They had gone away on holiday for a few weeks.

A few days later my mother had a call from the Police saying they would need to have a serious talk with the neighbour immediately on their return from holiday. Apparently the house had been left totally unsecured, windows wide open, and both front and back door unlocked. Though the Police had caught two of the lads inside the house, they could not bring a charge of breaking and entering as they had simply walked in! No items were found on them so they hadn't committed an act of theft either.

Result being these lads had to be set free.........and my mothers neighbour got a serious rollicking on his return. Personally i'd no sympathy for him. Far too much money and very little brain. :RollEyes:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
These scroats are lucky we don't have the right to bear arms!!!

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
biker sympathy

As I know some of you are bikers out there

Yes we are bikers/Trikers (3 bikes & a Trike) and have great sympathy for all who suffer at the hands of scumbags like these! :Angry:

When you think we live in SE London, we have been very lucky in our street as we are very close knit here, there was a gang caursing trouble for a few months; stole my mirrors, bike cover at several attemps at stealing my Susuki but after being chased by us and the rest of the street a few times they vanished off the planet (prob in nick!) but it was my good quality disc lock that saved my Suzuki! And our fab neibours :thumb:

We all need to look out for eachother and then we will get rid of these scumbags! :Angry:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
tee hee

I hate disk locks, ever since I forgot to take one off in Reigate High Street, accelerated away, all of 9 inches and dropped a big BMW KT1100 right in front off a full bus stop queue. It must have looked so funny I bet some of those bus passengers still talk about it. :Blush:

Yes have done the same twice! :ROFLMAO: Now I alsways check, even if I am sure I didnt put it on but is worth putting one on :thumb: Off course if they really want it and it's a posh bike (not like my suzuki) , they will just lift it into a truck and off but we have to make it difficult for the little gits! :Angry:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008

The crazy thing is, they will try, try again, We caught them trying to cut the chain on my hubbys bike and we chased them off, an hour later, they were back with bolt-cutters and we chased them again! This went on for a good few months! :Eeek:

Elvis

Free Member
Jun 13, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since Nov 2008
mad

Hi,
Make no mistake they aren`t thick, most likely just drugged up, they will keep coming back unless you get the place alarmed.
We know we`ve been there, we had a garden shed stripped out and contents layed out on the lawn, they got greedy and tried to smash into my workshop with a pickaxe which set off the alarm, I saw them running off down the road.

Police came telling us it was the 6th shed broken into that night, nothing could be done as they hadn`t taken anything, the officer also told us that he had been in court the previous day and when the prosecutor had made his opening staement saying that the defendants had broken in to steal, the defense brief stood up and said they didn`t intend to steal anything and there wasn`t any evidence to support this.
The prosecutor said then why did they break into the property that belonged to someone else and assemble certain items if not to steal them.

The defence answer was they were just looking at them.

Result was that they couldn`t be done for stealing...some legal system we have here.

Criminal damage!? Trespass perhaps? Going equiped to steal? Blimey your prosecutors must be rubbish! :Eeek:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
If you like big bangs, then one of these is ideal. Don't place indoors, too much risk of setting your bike on fire:roflmto: put outside linked to door.
Link Removed
Re Disc Locks. Use a Disc lock reminder or suffer the consequences if you forget. No point in spending a lot of money on a disk lock as the disc itself can be cut or broken easier than the lock in some cases. VMax

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back