Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we stayed at St clements aire a few years back , looks like they have cleaned it up since we were there , love the photos :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Cant find some of the Aire's

Hi,
Can you tell me what book of the aires you used as some are not in my "All the Aires?"
We are looking for recomendations as heading off for a month in the summer:thumb:
Thanks

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Lovely photos Colin. The Aire at Arques closes when the Camping Municipal closes, unfortunately, so not available between Oct and Easter. Big barrier locked in place to stop you driving down there. We and a Hymer spent the night in the parking spaces just in front of the campsite reception!

The All the Aires book is by no means all the aires, LOL But it is the only book published in English.

You can download some of the Aires into your PoI on your SatNav off TomTom Home, or we have a paperback book published by one of the French Motor home mags. But guess what? - that hasn't got all the aires either. We have found the little beggars in towns that aren't in either book, just by going to a place (perhaps going through it on the way to somewhere we know there is one) and having a wander round, seeing a sign and just following it.

Seeing the bread van and Le Treport reminded me - there is a large Aire at La Palmyre and no less than 3 different bakers visit. You can therefore totally forget sleep after the first one arrives and honks his horn, because the other two follow at approx half-hour intervals!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Colin, you know your pic of the FP at La Paissaye, it's not the fishing lake at La Puisaye, is it?

If not - where is it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
Can you tell me what book of the aires you used as some are not in my "All the Aires?"
We are looking for recomendations as heading off for a month in the summer:thumb:
Thanks

We used All the Aires 2008, but also this year we bought a Bel Air book in a Supermarket over there (not sure of title as am at work, but will update later)
which has some extras and municipal campsites - plus if you keep a look out while you are driving round you often see them in villages.

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Lovely photos Colin. The Aire at Arques closes when the Camping Municipal closes, unfortunately, so not available between Oct and Easter. Big barrier locked in place to stop you driving down there. We and a Hymer spent the night in the parking spaces just in front of the campsite reception!

The Barrier is also locked between approx 2100-0700hrs !
In the past we have parked out front by the Borne which we did on sat morning as arrived at 0500hrs. A fellow brit told us about the Aire by the lake so we decided to park there on our way back up the following Sat. We were booked on 0740 ferry from Calais and so were planning to leave at 530 in the morning. Luckily I went to put Rubbish in bin at 10 in the evening and saw the barrier was down. I managed to find someone at reception and they said it opens at 7 in morning, and they let us out to park by the Borne!

OP
OP
Mr Colpot
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Found the Aire book its
Guide Bel-air camping-caravaning Evasions en camping-car 2010

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

You have to laugh, on our way to said lake last year (which we have been to many times in the past as it's one of the places Pete likes to dangle his rod) to see some children and grandchildren, we said we better not go along the teeny little rd down the other side of the lake, better go the 'main rd' way as we are in the beastie. We can park up by where the school bus parks and walk round to them ..... Bearing in mind you have clocked the dimensions of the 'main' rd, you can imagin what the other one is like!

Gosh I said as we went round a corner in the hamlet, there's a France Passion round here - I wonder where that can be? Oh Quel surprise!!! -it's at Etang Rouge!

Son in Law - Dunno what the heck's going on, I kept thinking it was you all the week - there seem to be no end of flipping motorhomes coming and going, they only stay a night though and then seem to go!

Shall we tell him, dear?

We did :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back