lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi all just thought id give you my thoughts on the aire/motorhome site in Ambleside.

Firstly when we called the guy he was very helpful gave us directions and code for security gate. Arrived at site had choice of grass or hard standing drove to the grass pitch but other motorhomer asked very politely if i didnt mind as they had friends joining them, no problem took a hard standing instead stlight slope but ramps got us level.

While we where setting up Graham was doing his rounds for the fees vey chirpy and helpful guy asked our size told him we where 6.2m under 6 will do so only £6(for some who think this is expensive for a field carpark next door is £6 for 6 hours). Asked what time we could stay till next day told normally 12 noon but feel free to stay as long as you want and if site gets busy just pull over to the side.

Once i had the BBQ and the magners out along comes this strange guy :ROFLMAO: asking if i was Gerry oh thought how does he know that because hes a funster i told her. It was Fatalhud and a very nice chap indeed not forgetting mrs fatalhud so nice we even joined them for a beer and a lovely cup of tea (thanks Alan) enjoy the last night of your hols.

So all in all i would highly recommend this place dont expect to much to start as its work in progress but going in the right direction. Graham said he wont be changing things to much just get his eslan point finnished off and some other small tasks. Very easy access to town centre with loads of shops and resturants.

Gerry

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Glad you enjoyed it Gerry ::bigsmile:

No overnighting in the carpark.

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Dick

Thanks for the recommending it my only worry is once everyone knows its there we will have to book few weeks in advance should be ok in the summer as he did say he was going to cut the rest of the field if he felt there was a need for it.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Gerry - how many "Friends" did this guy have ? There were at lest 30 vans on site when we were there & there was a ton of room on the grass pitches.

We had similar thoughts about not posting about it in case it spoiled it, but I think the fact that you have to book in advance will help.:Smile:

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Hi Gerry
Arrived back home this afternoon (work stops play)
Nice to meet my first Funsters, and glad you both got home safely
Talking to the site owner, He is having more gravel laid on the hard standing area next week, so that vans can park up to the Hedge line instead of backing onto the Public footpath

Here is a few photo's, so you can all see what you are missing

Alan H

Attachments

• Ambleside 059.jpg
    Ambleside 059.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Ambleside 060.jpg
    Ambleside 060.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 61
  • Ambleside 063.jpg
    Ambleside 063.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Ambleside 061.jpg
    Ambleside 061.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Alan
Glad to here your home safe and going back to work:ROFLMAO:

Nice pics but im not in any was that deliberate or just bad luck:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back