Surfing Beaches (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Anyone got some recomendations for good surfing beaches in the UK. We have been to Woolacombe a few times now and fancy a change. Either a campsite with easy access to the beach or somewhere with a carpark that will take a MH.

Andy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Andy, Try North, Scotland has Some cracking surf beaches, One theat springs to mind is Clachtoll beach in the North west. A very nice campsite with excelllent views and nice walks.

kevina

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi Andy

If you like small with few facilities go to Churchtown farm at Gwithian near Hayle where you can walk a few hundred yards over the dunes to the beach. Nearby Gwithian Farm campsite doesn't have direct beach access but has more modern facilities. There is a NT carpark and a local one either side of these 2 sites with access for motorhomes. Excellent surf beach.

If you want entertainment facilities for the family then the much bigger St Ives Bay holiday site 1 mile south (surf a bit smaller) or one of the sites at Perranporth up on the dunes (big walk back up!).

Kev

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
If you fancy going farther afield the west coast of Ireland has some good surfing beaches.
Louisburgh where I live has a couple.

cherok

Free Member
Jun 28, 2009
Wales
Funster No
Exp
Months
Hi There,

I would recommend Llangennith on the Gower Peninsula.

Here's some website links that maybe handy-

Link Removed

Link Removed

Not sure about parking for Motorhomes 'though but there is a campsite called 'Hillend' right near the beach.

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cherok beat me to it gower peninsuler is great. or just follow the coast down.
you could keep going there is surf at dover if you paddle out to a break water.
or get the ferry to santander and follow the coast right down to tarifa. we do it the other way in winter .best buy the storm rider guide from one of the surf shops best money you will ever spend .get the europe one it covers maroc as well .never go with out it.
should have been here yesturday the surf was really big ha ha. not really. cheers alan.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
sorry forgot, St Davids in Wales is good with a campsite next to carpark.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Also in Wales,

Newgale with a site across the road from the beach

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Surfing Bitches

Are these who your looking for?

192.jpg

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Anyone got some recomendations for good surfing beaches in the UK. We have been to Woolacombe a few times now and fancy a change. Either a campsite with easy access to the beach or somewhere with a carpark that will take a MH.

Andy

Coldingham Beach.:thumb:

http://www.stvedas.co.uk/Surfcam.htm

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...noid=zPOakI7YDFXJtj1d_rBuZw&cbp=12,73.54,,0,5

No camping but no one cares, plenty sites close by if you're a woosy though.:ROFLMAO:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Dc-OcFR_I[/ame]

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hail mam you forot freshwater bay .had some good surf there .did know one of the iow surf club chaps .had a nice pale blue beetle with graphics . met him firrst at fistral in cornwall . good surf on iow.
cheers alan.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
still say get storm rider guide by low pressure publications . there are surfing beaches all over uk wales scotland and eire .its the surfers bible. has good maps as well once you get close. roads that arent on normal maps.
derek spose you cant buy one living where you are ?
never mind go and fill that bottle .ha ha
cheers alan.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Saunton Sands, but then you must have looked at that whilst at Woolacombe, how about Newquay, St Ives lots of good surfing in Devon and Cornwall

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
hail mam you forot freshwater bay .had some good surf there .did know one of the iow surf club chaps .had a nice pale blue beetle with graphics . met him firrst at fistral in cornwall . good surf on iow.
cheers alan.

That sounds like Clive Richardson, he had that beetle for years, probably still got it!

I didn`t say anything about the island, `cos it`s crowded enough as it is ::bigsmile:

The bay used to be my favourite spot when I was a young surf bum, now it would need to be 70 air and water temp at least to tempt me in.:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant remember his name .i used to have a customized vwt2 van we met all over the place wasnt he chairman of the iow surf club for a while. only looked at some old photos a few weeks ago. i,m going back to early 80,s. .also met a good vw mechanic up noth on the ile.
one of my mates down here is mates of your aa man on the ile .its a small world .
if you see clive ask him ,he wont rememmber names but i,m sure he will remember the van. cheers alan.
i will learn to put photos on one day.

deniserobson1

Free Member
Oct 1, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2004
Banff links on the north east coast of Scotland is very good. Council run campsite with immediate access to the beach. If you don't want to use the campsite there is a car park which surfers use (easy big enough for motor homes - we use it lots) which is just a short walk from the beach

Smoogy

Free Member
Mar 29, 2010
Porlock, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 months and loving it!
Used to live in Newquay so Fistral Beach is the main one there which has various surf championship events during summer months.

Few miles towards Padstow is Watergate Bay also good for surfing with campsites close by but many 'local' surfers tend to go to Mother Iveys Bay as not so busy & surf good.

Smoogy

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i prefer polzeath. surfed it since a kid .i was the youngest voluntary surf life saver there in about 69 before they had payed life guards. i also like gwithien or godrevy near hayle.
but peniche in portugal is my all time place,next taghazout maroc.roll on winter here we come.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
surfing uk

try the cornwall coast inbetween newquay and padstow--watergate bay, mawgan porth maybe. see webcams and both have surf schools and car parks. good luck

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
For vwalan,

Freshwater bay earlier in the year.

Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi ,unfortunately i cant see anything only a black screen with writting .could be me i cant use these things properly. never mind .i believe you probably had huge surf. we was on the algarve then in the rain and flat seas. even when we got to cabo sao vincente it was not good.did get better as we went up the coast .thanks will try again later.

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
If you wait a bit and let it load you should be able to view it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
got it .nice one .bigger than what was at super turbos peniche at the same time.
bet it was hotter where we were though. cheers alan.

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Surfing beaches :thumb: you have been to Woolacombe which is a bit touristy, the far end towards baggy point is called Putsborough and is better, also Croyde which is around the other side of Baggy. The best one though is Saunton Sands, one of the best Longboard beaches in the UK...

See here Link Removed
And as for camping near the surf beaches try Incledon Farm http://www.incledonfarm.co.uk :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
putsborough very nice we used to go to a pub the georghem inn or something to see sand sea surf films. park in braunton behind another pub .car park had a height barrier had to bounce over the pavement .i,m again talking late 70,s early 80,s .a few of the lifeguards from croyde moved to hayle towans to work the beaches. then all go maroc .grape picking on the way .could do it with about hundred quid then. do believe the landrover from croyde beach once turned up in maroc. ha ha .those were the days .

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
The pub in Georgeham is called the The Rock it is a 2 minute stroll from the campsite, there is a link on the Incledon Farm website.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back