Did you know what computers found? (2 Viewers)

john n tanner

Free Member
Jun 3, 2009
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
A class R.V.
Exp
18 YEARS
The Missing Day in the Universe.

The following account was written by Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company of USA and a consultant in the American Space Programme.

“I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Indiana. They were checking the position of the sun, moon and planets out in the space where they would be 100 years and 1,000 years for now. We have to know this in order that we do not send up a satellite and it collides with something later on, on one of its orbits. We have to know this in order that we do not of its orbits. We have to lay out the orbit in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so that the whole thing will not go wrong.

They ran the computer measurement backwards and forwards over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant there was something wrong either with the information fed into it or with the results as compared with the standards. They called in the service department to check it out and they said, “It’s perfect,” the head of the operations said, “what’s wrong?” “Well, we have found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time.” They were puzzled and there seemed no answer. Then one man on the team remembered he had been told at Sunday School of the sun standing still. They did not believe him, but as no explanation was forthcoming they asked him to get a Bible and find it, which he did, in the book of Joshua 10: 12-14. “and the sun stood still, and the moon stayed - and hasted not to go down about a whole day.” The space men said “There is the missing day.”

Well they checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua’s day 23 hours and 20 minutes - not a whole day. They read the Bible again and there it said about a day! These little words, in the Bible are important. But, they were still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you will be in trouble 100years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

Then, it was that this same man, remembered somewhere in the Bible, it said that the sun went backwards. The spacemen told him, he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and found how King Hezekiah on this death-bed was visited by the prophet Isaiah, who told him that he was going to die, and Hezekiah asked what the sign should be. “And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he hath spoken; shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees? And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees; nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. And Isaiah cried unto the Lord, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the (sun) dial of Ahaz.” 2 Kings 20 “Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and twenty minutes in Joshua, plus forty minutes in 2 Kings 20 make the missing 24 hours, which they had to log, in the log book as being (The missing day in the Universe)…

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
Thanks for that, I like it there are far weirder things going on especially in Redruth!:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
The Missing Day in the Universe.

The following account was written by Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company of USA and a consultant in the American Space Programme.

“I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Indiana. They were checking the position of the sun, moon and planets out in the space where they would be 100 years and 1,000 years for now. We have to know this in order that we do not send up a satellite and it collides with something later on, on one of its orbits. We have to know this in order that we do not of its orbits. We have to lay out the orbit in terms of the life of the satellite and where the planets will be so that the whole thing will not go wrong.

They ran the computer measurement backwards and forwards over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant there was something wrong either with the information fed into it or with the results as compared with the standards. They called in the service department to check it out and they said, “It’s perfect,” the head of the operations said, “what’s wrong?” “Well, we have found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time.” They were puzzled and there seemed no answer. Then one man on the team remembered he had been told at Sunday School of the sun standing still. They did not believe him, but as no explanation was forthcoming they asked him to get a Bible and find it, which he did, in the book of Joshua 10: 12-14. “and the sun stood still, and the moon stayed - and hasted not to go down about a whole day.” The space men said “There is the missing day.”

Well they checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua’s day 23 hours and 20 minutes - not a whole day. They read the Bible again and there it said about a day! These little words, in the Bible are important. But, they were still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you will be in trouble 100years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

Then, it was that this same man, remembered somewhere in the Bible, it said that the sun went backwards. The spacemen told him, he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and found how King Hezekiah on this death-bed was visited by the prophet Isaiah, who told him that he was going to die, and Hezekiah asked what the sign should be. “And Isaiah said, This sign shalt thou have of the Lord, that the Lord will do the thing that he hath spoken; shall the shadow go forward ten degrees, or go back ten degrees? And Hezekiah answered, It is a light thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees; nay, but let the shadow return backward ten degrees. And Isaiah cried unto the Lord, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the (sun) dial of Ahaz.” 2 Kings 20 “Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and twenty minutes in Joshua, plus forty minutes in 2 Kings 20 make the missing 24 hours, which they had to log, in the log book as being (The missing day in the Universe)…

I couldn't understand a word of the above. It gave me a headache:cry:

Still, it must be funny, and it took 10 minutes from an otherwise boring day, so thanks::bigsmile:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Ah, he must be the guy out the back peeling potatoes, so that's why I didn't see him. Phew, had me worried then :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
This is a motorhoming site, not a platform for promoting any faith, religion or politics, debate if you have too but not blaytent preaching, we just don't need it John.
These are my personal thoughts on nothing to do with the management.

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
You have nothing to do with management so that goes without saying:Smile:
Quite true thats why I made it quite clear. My own thoughts and no one else's. Like you I am entitled to think. Are you a motorhomer I wonder Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Crinthians 13 First Epistle to the Corinthians is on the subject of love, principally the love that Christians should have for everyone. However I prefer to preach free love to all by all.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
just as a wild guess, do you think maybe Corinthians is just an alias for John Tanner, since Corinthians only just joined and has given no details?

After the holy christian rant against homosexuals and now this post, possibly there is a fear of being banned?

Everyone is entitled to their views, but there is a time and a place...

David

OP
OP
J

john n tanner

Free Member
Jun 3, 2009
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
A class R.V.
Exp
18 YEARS
This is a motorhoming site, not a platform for promoting any faith, religion or politics, debate if you have too but not blaytent preaching, we just don't need it John.

hi,Roger was about computers, the point that I was trying to make, was how man`s knowledge as increased, THEY said, it`s impossible, machines can not fly, that is what they told the WRIGHT BROTHERS. someone made a remark, but, that was in answer to WHAT A BANKER, IN THE BELLY LOCKER forum. this was on, to do with COMPUTERS. Also I have had a chat with you, and others, also someone said, maybe I`m alias? which I`m not. ANYWAY take care. john n tanner.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Tis also a Fun site Rodger
I found the first post fun and saw no concept of preaching:thumb:
Yours (the above)i didnt find fun, and think your are preaching:Doh:
Geo aka The reverand:ROFLMAO:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Info generated in America?......................mmmmm.
Linked to God..........................................mmmmm.
Proves the Bible is true?...........................mmmmm.

You can tell an American anything, and if you link it to God and / or the Bible, he will believe anything.

Pinch of salt, folks.

John.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I'm not too sure about all this stuff. I miss a day or two every now and again and God only knows where they went.

Maybe it was drinking all that American Jack Daniels stuff. As for the no religion or polotics stuff you havent been keeping your eye on the forum too well have you.

I must say I havent seen Snitch and Snatch being slagged off the way GB was everyday for a while. Oh well, give it time.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
:RollEyes:

OP
OP
J

john n tanner

Free Member
Jun 3, 2009
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
A class R.V.
Exp
18 YEARS
not only a repeat post but it is rude to shout john, and darned uncomfortable especially when I have my hearing aid in and hear you very well.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sorry roger, I am not used to computers, remember, I care for each one you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back