LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
:Smile: Hi could someone tell me if I need one of the large triangler marker boards, our camper is 6 metre's and the motorbike trailer is 5 metre's total 11 metre's. Also if I need one where would I purchase one thank you for any help given.:Smile:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
You will need 2 for Spain..in the event of a breakdown they must be placed 1x 50mtrs behind and 1x 50mtrs in front of vehicle also driver and passenger(s) must wear reflective jackets when out of vehicle....To purchase try fleebay or your local boot fair...Dave

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
There appears to be some confusion here. The triangular warning signs are different. The question I think refered to the RECTANGULAR marker boards with diagonal stripes to denote a long load. Which SHOULD be carried on the rear of a trailer. Try AA, Halfords, and even port motorist shops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
it would only need the normal small reflective triangles we should have on a trailer . unless its over 7.5 ton as a vehicle or a trailer over 3.5ton.

OP
OP
chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
it would only need the normal small reflective triangles we should have on a trailer . unless its over 7.5 ton as a vehicle or a trailer over 3.5ton.

:Smile: Hi that's what I needed to know as I had seen RECTANGULAR marker boards with diagonal stripes on long load's as I will be transporting motorbike's to and from Europe I just wanted to be sure thank you all for your quick reply's yours Brian :Smile:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
You will need 2 for Spain..in the event of a breakdown they must be placed 1x 50mtrs behind and 1x 50mtrs in front of vehicle also driver and passenger(s) must wear reflective jackets when out of vehicle....To purchase try fleebay or your local boot fair...Dave

Sorry if i give information on the wrong subject:Doh::Doh:...it was Sunday morning and thats when i have my senior moments:ROFLMAO:....but it might have been info you never knew...Dave

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
what alan says is of course correct , standard trailer triangles for you !
but what happens if the load overhangs the trailer ?
presumably you need the rectangular board unless the lights/triangles/number plate is fixed behind the overhanging load

OP
OP
chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
what alan says is of course correct , standard trailer triangles for you !
but what happens if the load overhangs the trailer ?
presumably you need the rectangular board unless the lights/triangles/number plate is fixed behind the overhanging load

:Smile: Hi I have a standard Smart car trailer 9'8" bed converted to carry 3 motorbike's, to and from Europe it has all the standard light's and reflector's. I will be collecting and delivering in Europe, so I was just making sure I am legal there will be no overhang thank you all again. :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the way i interpret this is...you only need a marker board if the load extends beyond the very rearmost lights....which in your case will be the trailer lights.
so, no you wont need a board.

if you have a bike rack or backbox and arent towing, then yes...you do need one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back