Beware any haven or park resorts sites, bank holidays!!! (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Beware any haven or park resorts sites, bank holidays!!!
We were on Ty mawr at North Wales until 10pm last night until security were called about a ruckas next caravan to our pitch and when we enquired about the trouble next door said that a large brick had come through his awning from the Camping field called Henllys next door to , security turned up and said that they were going to Henllys to sort this out and that the police were called but instead of trying to sleep wondering if the next attack was going to happen to us we made a quick exit and found a quiet place that we knew of from previous years nearby.
We knew the place might be noisy and we were prepared for that , (with our earplugs) and we were lured by the price we paid to go there but never again, we might take the offer just for the seasonal price but find a quiet CL for the first week as well, wait for the kids to go back to school until we go there.:Eeek::Eeek:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
henllys has always had a bit of a rep for noise and disruption going back years and years, could you have not been moved to the other side of the site or is that now filled with statics. There used to be 2 camping/touring fields, the one you must be on near the activity park and there was one on the other side behind the statics

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Wish I had known that , we would have kep away from that side of the field and gone in the middle somewhere:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Sorry to hear about this, there's always got to be someone that finds it entertaining to ruin someones holiday.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Beware any haven or park resorts sites, bank holidays!!!
That is a bit of a generalisation, we have spent many holidays on Haven sites and never had a problem. Bank hols included. There are irriots anywhere and everywhere if you are unfortunate enough to find them. :Sad:

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
That is a bit of a generalisation, we have spent many holidays on Haven sites and never had a problem. Bank hols included. There are irriots anywhere and everywhere if you are unfortunate enough to find them. :Sad:

Ok then beware Ty mawr this bank holiday!!! I agree that there are idiots everywhere and we found them on this occasion, thankfully no damage occured to us only the unfortunate people next door, they have ruined their holiday:Sad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Ty Mawr without doubt is the WORST site I have ever stayed on.

One Saturday night most of the bins set on fire and a mobile home, couple of very noisy domestics, but worst of all for me was a pint glass broken in the mens showers. I have diabetic neuropathy and this could have been disastrous for me to step on.

Even the entertainment complex was time measured by arm bands:RollEyes::Doh:

NEVER AGAIN!!!

I feel when theres a large amount of cheap stay statics it's nearly always a recipe for disaster

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
The Ty Mawr campsite I found is Hoseasons?

I see it is near Rhyl so the experience doesn't surprise me

A fleeting glimpse of Rhyl, like a drive along the seafront, and it looks fine.

But look a bit closer and you see Rhyl is not a very safe place, sadly.

Rhyl featured in a recent TV series about Britains roughest seaside resorts.

I think its just the area, not the company, to consider avoiding.

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
I see that Ty Mawr hasn't improved since we were there some years ago. We vowed never to return and we didnt.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
oh wow Ty mawr what a site.

Just to cheer you up. You are not the first my friend. we went there a few years back, like you, the price was keen and thought what the heck. we arrived on site to witness kids-

playing footie with our van as the goal,
kids peeing in the bushes with the help of there parents
and a general oh shxt what have we done anxiety.

We arrived at 2 pm and were on our way by 6-30 looking for a site elsewhere. A truly frightening experience even for one like me.:Sad::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back