Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
searching via google earth Maderia Drive (by seafront in Brighton) looks like a good place to park overnight only, Does anyone knows the area and would I have any problems with my MH. any advise??

shardav

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
holbeach
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
1 1/2 years
its no problem at all we stayed there in march with a lorry and two other motorhomes just buy a ticket in the day time

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wouldn't recommend it problems with boy racers tearing up & down, night clubs at eastern end, western end by the Marina quieter. Traffic wardens have no tolerance I think it's free 8 pm to 8 am stay a minute over you will get a ticket.

Seafont area of Brighton single yellow lines restrictions also include Sundays & Bank Holidays.

Brighton is very anti-car.

Motor homes do park up behind the King Alfred Swimming Pool on Hove seafront in Hove Street South about a mile west of Madeira Drive, pay & display during the day same traffic wardens patrol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
Personally wouldn't recommend it, apart from boy racers as mentioned. Down and outs like to sleep under the coverways........canoodling couples in cars:Eeek:.......youngsters on beach after clubs close.

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I wouldn't recommend it problems with boy racers tearing up & down, night clubs at eastern end, western end by the Marina quieter. Traffic wardens have no tolerance I think it's free 8 pm to 8 am stay a minute over you will get a ticket.

Seafont area of Brighton single yellow lines restrictions also include Sundays & Bank Holidays.

Brighton is very anti-car.

Motor homes do park up behind the King Alfred Swimming Pool on Hove seafront in Hove Street South about a mile west of Madeira Drive, pay & display during the day same traffic wardens patrol.

lenny
on goole map the quiet end of Mderia drive appears to be the eastern end (away from Brighton pier ) Is this the area you meant (just want to be sure)
thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Sorry got my east's & west's crossed:Doh:

Dukes mound also goes up from Madeira drive don't want to be there at night if you are a straight male on your own.

Living just down the road, Brighton is the last place I would want to park a Motohome at night or day come to that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Sorry got my east's & west's crossed:Doh:

Dukes mound also goes up from Madeira drive don't want to be there at night if you are a straight male on your own.

Living just down the road, Brighton is the last place I would want to park a Motohome at night or day come to that.

lenny
thanks for the infro looks like Hove st S a better bet if I do venture out to brightonentered the london/brighton cycle ride will have a look round then
regards

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
We did the London Brighton Bike ride a couple of years ago, if you have not done it before go for an early start we made the mistake of a 9:00 start ,because of the volume of bikes took 3 hours to do the first 15 miles, took all day to complete. Start at 6:00 you can be in Brighton in under 5 hours.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back