Free Member
May 16, 2010
In my bus
Funster No
MH
Scruffy old bus
Exp
Full time since April 2007, part time since early 80's
I wasn't sure which forum to post this, seems equally appliccable here or in the Fulltimer forum or in the Wildcamping forum really. I know there are a fair few of each kind of motorhomer on here, but are there any who, like me, are all three at the same time, living alone (apart from my dog) full time in the van without ever using pay sites? Surely I can't be the only one, can I? :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Happy, we have quite a few fulltime, solo travellers on the forum, not sure how many (if any) of those wildcamp 52/365 though. No council tax rises for you then::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Rob,

I fulltime (19 years now) solo (most of the time.)

I have a Iveco Turbo Daily that is lots scruffier than yours I promise.

While I don´t REFUSE to pay for parking, I rarely stay on sites but if attending a festival or a Funsters meet I join in with the crowd. I would hate to restrict myself with self-imposed, "carved in stone" rules.

There are lots of single folk "vanning" around Europe. Some join the "park with lots of others" gang and some go their own way and some (like me) do both depending on the circumstances...

JJ :Cool:

"You are never alone with an internet connection and a Funster´s sub..."

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No, You are not the only one, I left UK in March and have been travelling through France and Spain, I am now in Portugal, having the time of my life. I don't think I will be going back anytime soon.:ROFLMAO:

I too am in Portugal (Ansiao) contemplating a lightning trip to the (Eastern) Algarve (Cabanas) this weekend...

Where are you? :Smile:

JJ

PS... couldn't find your blog... mine is

www.wagonman2000.blogspot.com

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
I wasn't sure which forum to post this, seems equally appliccable here or in the Fulltimer forum or in the Wildcamping forum really. I know there are a fair few of each kind of motorhomer on here, but are there any who, like me, are all three at the same time, living alone (apart from my dog) full time in the van without ever using pay sites? Surely I can't be the only one, can I? :Smile:

Hi Happy Hippy,

I will be solo fulltiming very soon, and will be wild camping as much as possible. Not only as am I based in the fabulous Cornwall which was just made for such activities, or for the financial benefits which are a factor, but because I want to be freer and to enjoy the natural world up close and personal as much as possible, and I enjoy that most when nestled in somewhere on my own. Otherwise I will be using CLs for the amenities as required.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello there, Sounds good.

Sadly Rob Happy Hippy isn't on the forum any more and he is sort of sorting life out between Glastonbury and the Outer Hebrides.

I am in contact with him by telephone and I will tell him of your posting...:thumb:

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Hello there, Sounds good.

Sadly Rob Happy Hippy isn't on the forum any more and he is sort of sorting life out between Glastonbury and the Outer Hebrides.

I am in contact with him by telephone and I will tell him of your posting...:thumb:

Thanks again! :thumb:

blueeyes

Free Member
Mar 14, 2011
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
No, You are not the only one, I left UK in March and have been travelling through France and Spain, I am now in Portugal, having the time of my life. I don't think I will be going back anytime soon.:ROFLMAO:[/QUO

Good for you sue what a life :Smile:

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Try the dating forum happy hippy::bigsmile:

I only just discovered the classified adds forum, now ya saying theres a dating forum....where...stand aside desperate man looking for camping lady who knows what this is...SINK wid taps on and a bottle of fairy liquid.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I wild camp if i do not take the car along
too long with a trailer and car for most places to hide away in

wild camped Nice along the coast to Sett over a two week trip in France
that was a wonderful way to see the riviera :thumb:

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
classified ads

Where is the classified ads section- I can't find it
:Smile:

I only just discovered the classified adds forum, now ya saying theres a dating forum....where...stand aside desperate man looking for camping lady who knows what this is...SINK wid taps on and a bottle of fairy liquid.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
goto the home page and its listed down thwe lefthand side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back