Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
hi, We're thinking of hitting the hot spots in Fife this weekend. Does anyone know of anywhere we can park up overnight?

Sea views preferrably :Smile:

OP
OP
B

Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
thanks I meant by the roadside :RollEyes: as in a free parking space :RollEyes: I think that's what's wild camping is about :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi if you fancy St Andrews drive for the sea world bit then drive along the side of the 1st hole at St Andrews it takes you a good bit along and some nice parking space havnt seen no overnight signs there.

Gerry

OP
OP
B

Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
Thanks Gerry will keep that one in mind. Was hoping for some decent weather this weekend but looks as if the forecast is dire!

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
my mistake, but you didn't say free or road side in your first post :RollEyes:

It is on the wild camping forum...

but then again you probably do what I do, and just scan latest posts for somethnig interesting, and don't notice whih forum it is from :Doh:

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Head to Lower Largo. You can park there at The Temple. There's a sign that says no overnight camping and that's where most people usually park! It's right across the road from the sea and there's a lovely beach to walk along. In the middle of summer you may have a problem but at this time of year a blind eye will be turned.

Further along the coast going east there are many (more secluded) places to stop beside the dunes. I'm thinking, Drumeldrie and Shell Bay. Look out though - there's an unofficial naturist beach along there - so you might see more than just the sea while you're brewing up :)

Have fun. It's a lovely part of the world is the East Neuk.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi if you fancy St Andrews drive for the sea world bit then drive along the side of the 1st hole at St Andrews it takes you a good bit along and some nice parking space havnt seen no overnight signs there.

Gerry

We've stayed there too. Lovely spot but when the wind blows St Andrews gets it from all angles and it hits from the north and south just on that point. Check the forecast for that one.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It is on the wild camping forum...

but then again you probably do what I do, and just scan latest posts for somethnig interesting, and don't notice whih forum it is from :Doh:

so it is, and your right, I never noticed , I just replied to the post as it stood ..

but you get all sorts of posts in the wrong forums, I seldom pay much attention to what forum a post is in..

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Glen Haggis is not that far from Fife, and I can promise you there will be no hot spots around here this weekend - we've had to ligh the fire for the first time in weeks, and the forecast is dire. We've cancelled our planned weekend trip.

Sorry about that, chaps.

OP
OP
B

Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
Hi I'm not sure about Glen Haggis :RollEyes: I've never met one ::bigsmile:

Thanks for the tips folks, will be cruising later so will let you know how we get on :Smile:

OP
OP
B

Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
We've stayed there too. Lovely spot but when the wind blows St Andrews gets it from all angles and it hits from the north and south just on that point. Check the forecast for that one.

Ii was nice, sunny but a bit breezy, worth the view!! We stopped off there on the Friday night, on the Saturday night we went to a campsite at Nydie, on a hill overlooking St Andrews.

Carol

scottish-vanners

Free Member
Jun 1, 2010
glasvegas
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
3 + yrs
you could try the car park behind the swimming pool at burntisland , stones throw from the beach and the main street to take a wander :thumb:

been a few year since i have parked there but used to park up there with the truck but no trailer never got any greif apart from teh law, just the occasional knob in a car but they soon move on :Smile:

OP
OP
B

Bongo Babe

Free Member
May 27, 2010
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Mazda Bongo
Exp
thanks SV. I've never been a great fan of Burntisland, not sure if it was the shows or what put me off. It may be worth a visit when quiet though.

shortcircuit

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Funster No
Welcome to the Kingdom of Fife where you will find many beautiful spots. You could have parked in my drive but I am in Oxford overnight heading for France on Monday.

Enjoy the Kingdom

BIG ALAN

Free Member
Aug 19, 2010
CUMBERNAULD / SCOTLAND
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki 635
Exp
10 yrs
Place to park up in fife

HI BONGO, TRY KINGHORN, JUST TURN RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HIGH ST,IF YOUR COMING FROM THE BURNTISLAND END , OR LEFT IF YOU ARE COMING FROM THE KIRKCALDY END. AT THE (WAR MOUMENT) THEN FOLLOW THE ROAD STRAIGHT DOWN TO THE BEACH THE CAR PARK IS ON your LEFT, AT THE WATER FRONT IT,S REALLY QUITE AND SHELTERED THERE,S EVEN A PUBLIC LOO JUST OUTSIDE THE CAR PARK :thumb:IT SAVES PAYING £30 A NIGHT AT THE HUGE CARAVAN PARK ON THE MAIN RD

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back