LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi can anyone give me the best way to cross the Pyrenees ?i have LPG tanks so can not use the tunnels and my old girl does not like long inclines we would like to visit Portugal and have never been that far down.

Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you could just stay by the coast or use the tunnels .nobody checks or cares never been asked when i,ve used tunnels your not in uk when you are there ,just do it.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
hi can anyone give me the best way to cross the Pyrenees ?i have LPG tanks so can not use the tunnels and my old girl does not like long inclines we would like to visit Portugal and have never been that far down.

Dave

Hi Dave....

No advice for the tunnels I'm afraid Dave....Does that mean all lpg vehicles are banned from using the tunnels over there?

We're visiting Portugal this year but not in the RV .

When are you going? Good luck and "Happy Trails."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
the coast road round the bay of biscay side (Irun, San Sebastian) is a good road (TIR) dual carrriageway but there are tolls no long climbs as far as i remember, its the A68 on the french side and the A8 on the spannish side

May 22, 2008
Funster No
I have used all the tunnels in France and never have I seen anything about Gas Tank restrictions so I don't know where you got that from, the climb up to all the tunnels are steep so if you have a problem in that respect I would keep to the Coast route either east or west. The crossing through Andorra is great ,but again a long haul up , One year I had to use Snow chains to go through the Beilsa Tunnel as police would not let any vehicle up without them, snow chains are not a lot of fun.Perhaps you are confussed with the Channel tunnel where I believe there is a restriction on gas tanks??:thumb::thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you go the atlantic route dont use the tolls there is a very good road non toll.
play the nontoll road game its good fun and you see alot more .one motor way is just like the others so stay off them .enjoy the country side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back