Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Just returned from the Newbury Show that was my first meet and how I enjoyed it. It was so good to meet all the other Funsters they made me most welcome and I learnt so much from them.

If you have been thinking about going to your first meet dont hesitiate just get on and book up. You wont regret it, you'll get to meet likeminded people and be made to feel most welcome.

Thanks again to all you Funsters at Newbury, you made me so welcome. Didnt we have the most fantastic weather, long may it last.

Sorry didnt get to play our Boules challenge Wheelie and Granny Jan, I would have won anyway. Had problems with new nets and had to take them back and it took longer than I thought and sadly you had left by time we had returned. Hope to meet you again though as really enjoyed your company.

Hope you all got back home safely and cant wait to meet you all again.

Keep Smiling ::bigsmile:

Sorry Jim still havent mastered avator yet but I will keep trying.

Nannyjan

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Newbury Show

Plus one on your comments Jan. Our first time too and really had a fantastic time. A good sense of humour and a motorhome are all that you need, thats for sure.

After last years washout the weather certainly helped, but at the end of the day, come rain or shine, its the company of the other Funsters that makes the difference, and a nicer group of people is hard to imagine.:thumb:

I''ll be back (said with an Austrian accent)

Stuart

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all
I would like to say thanks to all the funsters at Newbury show for making us both feel welcome,:Smile: it was a belter of a weekend, Thanks to Jim and Sian for the bacon butties Sunday morning, definitely going again, if you’ve never been, you should go, once again many thanks.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just got home, it was really nice meeting the new Funsters and catching up with some of the "old sweats" We had a fantastic time, thanks to all the Funsters for making it so much Fun. I will upload some photos to the Newbury Album later today. If you have any, please upload themLink Removed:thumb:

john n tanner

Free Member
Jun 3, 2009
SWANSEA
Funster No
MH
A class R.V.
Exp
18 YEARS
Hi, JIM glad you enjoyed NEWBURY SHOW. But,VERY SAD to tell you, and all, that my Brother,Ronald, (FUNSTER no.1225), PASSED AWAY ON CHRISTMAS DAY...I did not know, that he was a funster,I came across his call sign, slurps 2, whilst looking at THE MEMBERS LIST. Anyway, he was very upset,about their M/H roof leaking badly etc. perhaps I will talk about that later. every blessing to you and all. john n tanner.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just got back home after a long hot drive and only 1 accident to hold us up on the A1 :RollEyes:
We all had a great time as usual and Rosie says she misses you all already - especially Mr Lamb Shanks :Smile:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
It's been quiet on the boards for the last few days obviously you were all enjoying yourselves! Did you get rid of all the books Dick? I suppose from now on everyone will be going away:cry::cry:never mind I'm off the first week in July, Devon here I come!

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Forgot to mention on the other Newbury thread :Blush:

Thanks to Marie, Rex, Dick & Barbara for the books! To Peter for the Welsh cakes (our first :thumb:) and to Jim and Sian not only for their hospitality but for the delicious bacon roll too :Smile:

Hope you are blessed with such glorious weather at Stratford and have a great time. Looking forward to seeing some of you again at the Bring and Buy meet.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi, just got back, had a great time thanks Jim and Sian for a great weekend and thanks to everyone who made us welcome and hope to meet up with you all again soon.
Thanks Joy, Amanda found her lantern this morning she will let it go next time we are in an open field with a few funsters. we live next to a thatched cottage so we wont chance that.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We arrived home about 11.30 am safe and sound

"Thank you" to Jim and Sian for such a warm Hospitality (it was lovely meeting your Mother Sian and your Sister, please say hi to them from us) and their tasty bacon buddies that they cooked for us all on Sunday, also it was lovely meeting up with old and new funster's and not forgetting our dogs who had a fabulous time too:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just posted a few photos in the Newbury Gallery,Link Removed
I've got a few more and will get them up when I can:thumb:

Link Removed

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It's been quiet on the boards for the last few days obviously you were all enjoying yourselves! Did you get rid of all the books Dick? I suppose from now on everyone will be going away:cry::cry:never mind I'm off the first week in July, Devon here I come!
we will be in France untill the end of the second week in July, maybe you can drop by on the way home? Parking space reserved for you.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
What a fantastic weekend - thanks to Jim and Sian! :Smile: Brill bacon butties!!:roflmto:

Great to meet up with old friends and make new ones - can't wait for Stratford now!:ROFLMAO:

Made it up to Glossop for about 3 pm - so we are finally on home ground for the first time in 7 months!

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Thanks for the offer Roger but we're vanless! Flying into Bristol and hiring a car I'm afraid but one day..................................:RollEyes:

laws

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
west mids coseley
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
3years
newbury

great weekend great company thaanks to sian for bacon butties big thanks to kath for the rhubarb crumble it was lovely sorry dick maybe you will get it next time lol try and upload pics later when i have worked it out :ROFLMAO::Doh:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
great weekend great company thaanks to sian for bacon butties big thanks to kath for the rhubarb crumble it was lovely sorry dick maybe you will get it next time lol try and upload pics later when i have worked it out :ROFLMAO::Doh:

Rhubarb, rhubarb , rhubarb :cry:::bigsmile:
Some of my pics uploaded, now working through the 2nd lot :Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ditto all of the above...

Fantastically great weekend...

Called in on my son in Banbury on the way to Leicester.

It was his birthday.

Cost me £70.

So busy giving him a hug I forgot to buy a parking ticket...

"Happiness, happiness... etc"

Rosie is not forgotten... hope she is not too cold... still have a lot of her coat on my top!!!!

Lucky I am single or I would have had to explain the presence of a young woman's hair...

JJ

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
We had a great time at the show, what fantastic weather, would love to have met you all but we couldn't get into the camping bit but hopefully next year we will have our motorhome and be camping there with you Link Removed

A bit disappointed though as off our shortlist there were only 2 MH's that were there Link Removed

We joined the Camping and Caravanning Club while we were there which is something we have been thinking of doing for a while.

Itching to go to the next show now, we have got the bug lol

Shell

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We had a great time at the show, what fantastic weather, would love to have met you all but we couldn't get into the camping bit but hopefully next year we will have our motorhome and be camping there with you Link Removed

A bit disappointed though as off our shortlist there were only 2 MH's that were there Link Removed

We joined the Camping and Caravanning Club while we were there which is something we have been thinking of doing for a while.

Itching to go to the next show now, we have got the bug lol

Shell

Are you going to Stratford? It's a bit more laid back there and you should be able to meet up with us Funsters!:Smile:

Look forward to meeting you!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just got back home after a long hot drive and only 1 accident to hold us up on the A1 :RollEyes:
We all had a great time as usual and Rosie says she misses you all already - especially Mr Lamb Shanks :Smile:

Please tell Rosie that there will be many more lamb shanks for her in the future (but don't tell Joy!!!)

JJ

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years

Hi yer, Thanks for ticket, and cuppa , great to meet you all , look foreward, to meeting you all again, at another meet,the weather has certainly changed here, a cold drizzle, keep smiling::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Shell181

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Hymer C642 CL
Exp
June 2010
Hi Marie, no we can't make it to the Stratford one but I'm sure there will be another that we can meet you all :Smile:

Shell

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back