Freebird

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Bournemouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Weekender
Exp
Stumbled across this forum by accident. Don't you love it when you find something great and you didn't even know you were looking for it?

We've had a Mazda Bongo, which we converted ourselves, for the last 8 years, but we are growing out of it. We prowl all the main shows looking for our dream van, and we've just got back from Newbury with a desperate need to get something - SOON!

The great plan is to retire in 3 to 5 years time and go on a long tour of Europe. We can't keep Bongo going that long, so we are debating whether to get the brand new van of our dreams now or something bigger and second-hand until we are ready to go.

We definitely want a panel van and we definitely want the sofa/bed opposite the side door. (Actually we definitely want an ih Oregon RL, but that's £14000 dearer than our second choice - the latest Swift Mondial).

We are looking forward to reading everyone's experiences on the forums and maybe joining some meets from time to time

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Welcome from me too. Great nickname and great guitar solo. Second to Comfortably Numb though :winky:

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
HI and:welcomefunster: not a bad first choice of van if I say so myself:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, I hope you will be joining us for the Shepton Mallet Show in September, on of the largest shows will allow you to find your ideal van and spend some time with the funsters. right on your doorstep.

Link Removed

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

OP
OP
F

Freebird

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Bournemouth, UK
Funster No
MH
Weekender
Exp
Hi and welcome to the fun, I hope you will be joining us for the Shepton Mallet Show in September, on of the largest shows will allow you to find your ideal van and spend some time with the funsters. right on your doorstep.​

We normally go to the show. We've stayed over a couple of times in the past, but it's looking like we will be in France this time. We are aiming for the NEC instead, because we haven't been before

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Sorry. Sometimes I feel like the only one in the world, but I never could cope with the Floyd :Doh:

That's OK - it is not mandatory, wouldn't be right if we all liked the same. i would never get tickets to the gigs I wanted to see for one thing :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back