Insurance for Dodge Ram truck (1 Viewer)

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Gotta sort insurance for my truck next week

Adrian Flux springs to mind only coz they were the only ones that would insure my chopper at reasonable cost plus they insured it vin number only untill it was registered and the renewal this year is £140 cheaper

The pickup will have to be insured by vin number untill i get it it registered

Who else do you funsters use for your american trucks

Ian

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Insurance for Dodge

Hi Ian

We have insured our Dodge Ram with Camptons, they are based in Surrey I think, we have combined insurance for our fifth wheel, demountable and Dodge all as one. They are very good to deal with. Just make sure that you can use the Dodge to go to and from your workplace if you need it to, as I believe Zasker couldn't use his last year, but this year he got it changed. I know a few of the members on here insure with Camptons.

I am sure they will be able to help.

Nigel and Pamala

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi ian, i found adrian flux useless they show a big rig on there adverts .then when you ring wont insure over 3.5ton trucks .say it cant be done private then cantbe done on a commercial . use camptons .easy .cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi Ian

.................Just make sure that you can use the Dodge to go to and from your workplace if you need it to, as I believe Zasker couldn't use his last year, but this year he got it changed.
Nigel and Pamala

Quite correct guys:thumb:
Just done my renewal with them this year and, according to ffiona, they were very friendly and helpfull on the phone. Not only had "COMMUTING" added to the policy, but the premium actually worked out about £50-ish less than last year!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Thanks for the replies
Will give Camptons a call tomorrow

Ian

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We used to use Camptons but now we insure our RV and dayvan both" business use" with NFU mutual ,it is cheaper and windscreen excess is £50 , definately worth a phonecall

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
IanH

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Spent the afternoon phoning around

Major problem was the weight ,anything over 3500kg they didnt want to know also couldn't
get it insured with just the vin number untill its registered

The only ones that gave a quote was Camptons ,and that wasn't half bad as i haven't any no claims due to being a motorcyclist.

That was for the pickup & the 5th wheel combined the only thing i forgot to mention was commuting but will get that added.

So insurance sorted the next problem is getting it back from Southampton docks but i have a few ideas on that

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back