The profile of motorhomers: International survey (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2008
Lisbon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There isn't much information on who are the motorhomers who travel the roads of the world, nor about the potential of the motorhome lifestyle for the promotion of tourism development of local communities.
Notwithstanding, the motor home lifestyle is the most growing tourist segment, and with it the more legal issues facing public authorities and the motorhomers facing increased restrictions of movement and parking.
To know who we are, what we do and what we want is the first step to see recognized the rights of motorhomers. These are the objectives of the investigation that follows. For it to succeed, we need your collaboration: answering to the questionnaire and disseminating it within your motorhomer friends.
This is not only the most comprehensive investigation ever done about the motorhome lifestyle, as the first survey to be conducted on an international scale, which pretends to allow comparative analysis on the situation of the motorhome lifestyle in major countries where it has expression.
Participate in this challenge. MOTORHOMERS: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY Your answer to this survey is absolutely confidential.
Early grateful,
Link Removed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Boa noite meu amigo...

I have answered most (but not all) of your survey...

Best wishes,

JJ

Eu nao falo Portguese muito bem!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Done !!

In our opinion it is so important to have a European Camper Organization/forum !!

We are all alike, we want the same things, but cannot join because of the language barrier !!

We have joined several fora: Dutch, German, Belgium, English and so on because we more or less speak/write several languages

We really need some wizkids to cope with this language problem, googletranslate is not every thing !!

Lets join and facilitate an International Camper Organization !!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Started but didn't finish. Too long , and were off up to Morpeth this morning to drop off the MH.
Ralphs going to be up there for 4 weeks, working.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i did mine just after it was posted.
in spain the m,home clubs have big convoys and demonstrate to get what they want .
while i was away i saw a newspaper cutting of the cadiz to algeciras one last year. portugal is very much under threat with too many campers staying too long in the algarve. the m,home clubs there have a hard job on their hands . but it is the place to go in winter if you like lots of friendly campers around you.we spent 3 months driving about this winter in portugal,there is a growing m,home comunity in portugal. we camped with 40 portugese campers in peniche .all very friendly and helpfull. park by the fire station ,get water there as well. got a lovellyuni mog fire engne there make a good camper and a low mileage merc 4x4 fire truck like new.
cheers alan.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Mine done. Tho your types of M/home takes some fathoming. i.e. which is an A class?

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Done !!

In our opinion it is so important to have a European Camper Organization/forum !!

We are all alike, we want the same things, but cannot join because of the language barrier !!

We have joined several fora: Dutch, German, Belgium, English and so on because we more or less speak/write several languages

We really need some wizkids to cope with this language problem, googletranslate is not every thing !!

Lets join and facilitate an International Camper Organization !!
Good idea, bonne idée, gutes Gedanke, bra begrepp; dus: een goed idee :winky:

OP
OP
autocaravana adventure
Dec 6, 2008
Lisbon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Dear friends, in the first days of March were received hundreds of responses from motorcaravanners of 12 different nationalities.
Succeed is also personal messages of encouragement, as well as acts of solidarity to the release of the Survey link between motorcaravanners of various countries.

MOTORHOMERS: INTERNATIONAL SURVEY

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I took the time to complete the form because I believe we need international or at least Europe Wide representation.

Doug...

Aug 9, 2008
Lanner - Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
20 + Years
survey

Just done it, regards some questions for us "English only" language barrier which includes me, I put my answers in other if I didn't understand the choices.
brian:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Couldn't get my head round what was meant by some of the questions, I'm afraid. Couldn't answer some, haven't a clue for instance how much a day we spend, and did they mean on top of staples, and diesel and gas etc or am I actually expected to calculate the entire cost of the holiday and divide by no of days? Cos I can't, things are booked and paid for at different times! I know how much we physically spend there when I check the Bank statements after but don't even think about most of it - you have to eat and drink etc etc so there is no difference to me whether I give our dosh to Eddie LeClerc on holiday or Joe Sainsbury here before we go. Or Asda in a different town - etc.

Or did they mean on "Campsites" or did they mean on extras? Or what?

Or am I weird, do other people actually know what they spend?

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Boa noite meu amigo...

I have answered most (but not all) of your survey...

Best wishes,

JJ

Eu nao falo Portguese muito bem!!!

Nao faz mal

Doug...

Paulh

Free Member
May 1, 2008
Bangor N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Done, good luck with your results, gotta admire someone prepared to take the time to set it up, is there a Brussels grant for such a thing?!!!!!:Smile:

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
Ok, I've seen this survey being shown around the forums and loads of people saying they've completed it - does anyone know what its actually going to be used for?

Not wishing to be negative but does anyone know?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back