£65 +Vat For Wide Angled Mirror!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

shezza

Free Member
Jun 4, 2009
Funster No
Hi All I have just been to my local Peugeot dealer for a replacement mirror (the small wide angled one) and have been quoted £65 + vat!!!!!!!
The mirror's not broken but the plastic clips are that hold it to the motor in the housing, after being clipped by some erk.
Has anyone replaced theirs for a more reasonable price?
My MH is a Peugeot 2009 2.2

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
wingmirrorman

Hi All I have just been to my local Peugeot dealer for a replacement mirror (the small wide angled one) and have been quoted £65 + vat!!!!!!!
The mirror's not broken but the plastic clips are that hold it to the motor in the housing, after being clipped by some erk.
Has anyone replaced theirs for a more reasonable price?
My MH is a Peugeot 2009 2.2

Try wingmirrorman.co.uk web site I replaced my mirror for 24.99 I'm sure he will be cheaper
than a main dealer
Alan

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I broke the glass on the lower mirror on the nearside a couple of years ago. Peugeot gave me the same sort of ridiculous quote. I was advised to go to the local Fiat dealer (Ducato mirrors being the same) and they were a lot cheaper - more like the price Alan mentioned.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
This is all very strange, a lorry smashed my nearside mirror last year and the Fiat price for replacement was £151, I bought a Peugeot one, same manufacturer's part number for £44.

Phil.

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all i have same problem,my mirroris lose ,how do you get the mirrors off BAZ. :Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi all i have same problem,my mirroris lose ,how do you get the mirrors off BAZ. :Blush:

If you mean the fittings on which the glass is mounted they are held on by a circlip.

Angling the glass usually allows sufficient clearance to insert a slim bladed screwdriver to release the circlip and the mirror part should then come off easily.

To replace put the circlip onto the mirror part and then press it firmly home onto the fitting.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back