tour and tow ,which ones are best ? (1 Viewer)

smartie59

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Peterlee
Funster No
MH
a class old mod
Exp
not long
Hi all,
I have a motorhome at present but it is no use to tow my cassic 69 MGB roadster.
I am looking for a motorhome that would have 4 birth on the floor or coachbuilt 6 birth,
as going up ladders is no good to my wife.It would have to have a 2.8+(td) as the roadster is not light and I am looking for something about 2000 to2004.Can anyone give me some models that I should be looking at?
Thanks for reading this.
Rod

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Buy an RV loads of room and no worries about towing the MG and trailer. If you get a Tow Hauler you will even get a dedicated garage space ( and i do mean a proper garage not a bit of room under the bed :Doh:) and workshop

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
It would have to have a 2.8+(td) as the roadster is not light

Don't think the larger the size of engine, the more towing weight.

You have to check the particular motorhome, I would start with the layout then check the weights.

Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
get the car and trailer onto a weigh bridge then you know the minimum tow capacity that you need in your van.
also a lot of vans are close to their maximum weight before you even put a towbar on the van i can only tow 1000kg with mine which if you have a car on a trailer it don't give you a great deal of choice as a small fiat sicento weighs nearly 800kg .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you are definately wasting your time if you look at run of the mill campers .is you get a fiat daily they have good train wts .or go for a small truck conversion isuzu and mitsubishi make a good base vehicle .small cab not bigger than a normal 3.5 but up to 7.5 ton gvw and even greater train wts. or as dazzer says get an rv.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years
Hi all,
I have a motorhome at present but it is no use to tow my cassic 69 MGB roadster.
I am looking for a motorhome that would have 4 birth on the floor or coachbuilt 6 birth,
as going up ladders is no good to my wife.It would have to have a 2.8+(td) as the roadster is not light and I am looking for something about 2000 to2004.Can anyone give me some models that I should be looking at?
Thanks for reading this.
Rod

Rear wheel drive Merc would fit the bill.:thumb:

Extra train weight for RWD and they're better anyway.hardhathardhathardhat:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back