Site reccomendation req'd N, Wales (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Can anyone reccomend a site (or cc cl) between colwyn bay and carnarvon (spellin) preferably with sea view and or walking distance to sea front but open to offers. Also need to stay between Betswy - coed and Bethseda.
Also has anyone done an overnight in the car park overlooking the river at the back of the marina at conwy past the golf club ?
Ian

Last edited:

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi there ips

We stayed at, and thoroughly enjoyed, Wern Farm which is in the Conwy Valley in really stunning countryside. We remembered it from when it was a CL many years ago, still much the same but able to take a few more 'vans. Nice pub down the road (Groes Inn), delightful spot, but no sea view I'm afraid.

See what you think, anyway, and enjoy your trip.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I have heard that you can overnight at the carpark in Betwys.Usual commonsense rules apply.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
MMM May 2010 has an article(Page 80) on "Joys of Life Country Park" (classified as a CL in the article) which might suit.

Details:
Bethesda
Gwynedd
LL57 4YW
Tel 01248602122

Pitch £12 (including ehu)

Hope this helps.
Phil

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Thank you for the replys so far.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Anyone stayed on the many car parking areas on the sea front at Dinas Dinlle Caernarfon bay ??

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Also has anyone done an overnight in the car park overlooking the river at the back of the marina at conwy past the golf club ?
Ian

Many times. Never had a problem there. A car park attendant turns up at w/e and bank hols and the car park is only for boat launchers. Staying until 9am is no problem, though and the car park chap is pretty relaxed. You can park on the road at the entrance if you get there first - it was commandeered by a caravan for a few months until the council chased him. The next door carpark has a height barrier:cry:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Many thanks, stopped there for me sarnies many times when i am working in that area and it always looked feasable will be arriving there 8pm ish on a sat in a few wks so you think i will be ok till 9am sun morn ?

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Many thanks, stopped there for me sarnies many times when i am working in that area and it always looked feasable will be arriving there 8pm ish on a sat in a few wks so you think i will be ok till 9am sun morn ?

9am will be no problem.

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Anyone stayed on the many car parking areas on the sea front at Dinas Dinlle Caernarfon bay ??
Hi have stopped there many times, usualy park near pulic toilets bay no prblems sea views enjoy BAZ. :thumb:

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Hi have stopped there many times, usualy park near pulic toilets bay no prblems sea views enjoy BAZ. :thumb:

Many thanks this has also been a sarnie stop off point for me in the past :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back