british weather! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
sitting in the camper in Pitlochry, Scotland. Freezing cold so got fire on high, rain pouring down - now I remember why I like to go across the channel in the van & not UK!

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The Weekend weather is a day early....:RollEyes:

Frost this Morning but sunny at the moment...

Would love to visit Scotland.:thumb:

Here's hoping the Sun is heading your way.Does the weather not cross the channel? Whenever we have gone over it hasn't seemed a lot better....Except when we have traveled far South...

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
If its any consolation,7pm 50kms inland from Malaga and at this moment thunder lightning and torrential rain,mmmmm but sun shining through it hey ho:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
well .don't come to france ; the weather has been awful for weeks , some hope for better next week
not holding my breath though!

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
sitting in the camper in Pitlochry, Scotland. Freezing cold so got fire on high, rain pouring down - now I remember why I like to go across the channel in the van & not UK!
I agree with you about UK weather etc....often cold and damp, long dark winters with an extremely short 'summer' and daylight hours. A pretty depressing place to be.

But Scotland is different.

A favourite quote I always remember from Billy Connolly's "Tour of Scotland" when he said, "here in Scotland we have a saying.....if you don't like the weather, just hang on for twenty minutes!" ::bigsmile::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
But Scotland is different.

A favourite quote I always remember from Billy Connolly's "Tour of Scotland" when he said, "here in Scotland we have a saying.....if you don't like the weather, just hang on for twenty minutes!" ::bigsmile::thumb:

Another favourite of mine..

If ye canny see the hills.... it's raining
If ye can see the hills ...... it soon will be raining

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
well .don't come to france ; the weather has been awful for weeks , some hope for better next week
not holding my breath though!

We set off for the South of France last Thursday 29th April and arrived in Port Grimaud Sunday morning 2nd May we had rain most of the journey down,but it was dry when we arrived in Port Grimaud . Monday morning was nice and sunny and really warm until about 15.00pm when it started to rain again and then the wind got up to a mini cyclone, in the early hours people were outside trying to secure their awnings in heavy rain and extreme winds and by daybreak we could survey the damage it was causing with ripped and trashed awnings table and chairs scattered about the campsite and the campsite flooded. This did not abait until around lunchtime when the wind dropped and the rain abaited and people started to clear up the mess. Later on we were advised to pull back off the beach as it was expected the sea would wash onto the site , so we retreated across the road to the other site just before the rain returned .
Next morning we decided to head north to try and find better weather as the forcast for the area was very poor.
We headed towards Montelimar and across the N102 to the Aire at Coubon that was a big mistake as we rose across the mountains we got colder and were meeting vehicles with snow on them then we hit the snow ourselves not just snow but a blizzard the roads were being gritted ahead of us as we followed the snow plough so we struggled on towards Clemont-Ferrand and the Aire at St-Pourcain-sur-Sioule where we arrived at 22.00pm where it was still raining heavy absolutely knackered we parked up had some cheese on toast and went to bed to try and sleep with the heavy rain on the roof.
We woke next morning and yes still raining and the river to the side of the Aire was in flood and it was bitter cold this being Thursday morning thats it we said enough is enough so we booked eurotunnel and returned home Saturday when you guessed it it was still raining, so this has to be the worst holiday we have had in the 4 years of owning a motorhome and going to France all good fun though as long as you can laugh about it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Yup! One of our favourite French campsites is at Argeles, on the Med and right down on the beach near the Spanish border. There's been snow on the beach!! Snow, in the Med!!

Had some sun here at Glen Haggis, but it's pretty cold.

I blame global warming!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back