Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
Ivy is an Iveco 35-10 Ive had for a year :)Sad:forgot to take pics as I was going along :Sad:) will do some when she is finished.
Almost finished apart from having a rooflite fitted and the internal paint job. So I put her on the scales at work today fully loaded and she came in at 3360kg :thumb:
She has a double fixed bed across the back with storeage underneath, work surface with sink and cupboards underneath and above, toilet, box seating and table (removable), electric two ring hob and leasure battery with split charger fitted. Both 12v and Mains installed used 12v LED strips from Maplins for the lighting (£55.00 for 9 12" strips as opposed to £89.00 for 1 from caravan shop). Insulated with expanding foam behind the side walls and insulation board for the roof with 6mm ply lining.::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Ivecos are great vehicles... mine (1996) is still roaring along after 2450000 kms.

JJ

JJ has your van really done 2 million 450 thousand km..:Doh:..that is some kilometers for a old codger.....I think you are bragging a bit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
mines on about 160k miles, but i did have he engine remanufactured at 120k miles when it ate an exhaust valve.

then i had most the steel body work cut off and replaced it with a flimsy body (name used for coachbuilts, because, well they are a bit flimsy compared to a solid steel van :)

then uprated the chassis from 3.5 to 4.5 tons, involving changing from single to twin rear wheels (axle change, wheel arch mods etc)

but that's the beauty of the iveco dailys, they use the same chassis and running gear from the 2.8 tonner to the 5.9 tonner, just different torsion bars and leaf springs, (and the option of the single rear wheel axle on the 3.5 tonner only)

but they are pretty well overengineered, especialy for motorhome use, yes parts are expensive, but there is a lot of metal in the parts, and they last a long time.

just a shame it's an italian made vehicle, so can suffer electrical problems, tho i tracked 95% of problems down to the main loom plugs behind the wiper motor in the engine bay,
any odd electrical probs that crop up, first place i check is those plugs and sockets.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
ust a shame it's an italian made vehicle, so can suffer electrical problems, tho i tracked 95% of problems down to the main loom plugs behind the wiper motor in the engine bay,
any odd electrical probs that crop up, first place i check is those plugs and sockets.

That was always the case with Italian Motorcycles too....

The electrics , switches and connectors were always too flimsy and let them down.

If only they would sort them......:Doh:

Always the first thing to check in eventuality of an electrical problem....:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
WHOOOOOOPS

Thanks Martin/Lynn.... over did the noughts....

240000 kms

Is Lynn back or is she still living it up on her cruise?

JJ

JJ - how much have you had to drink ? The post was from Heyupluv (Mel) and not Halylulu (Martin & Lynn):ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
WHOOOPS AGAIN

Thanks Dick/Barbara... not drink... senility...

JJ

JJ ..you will never learn......Drink and old age = Senility...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was me that corrected you MEL...:ROFLMAO:

I have put in large print in case your eyesight is impaired as well :Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....Mel......yo have a good day now :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ ..you will never learn......Drink and old age = Senility...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was me that corrected you MEL...:ROFLMAO:

I have put in large print in case your eyesight is impaired as well :Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....Mel......yo have a good day now :thumb:

Oh No It Wasn't....

Stop winding me up...

(are Dick and Barbara visiting the Palace Mel?)

JJ

...what day is it?...

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
hope the 3360 Kg included all passengers , water , diesel etc ...you did say fully loaded

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
come on, they've got more spare payload than some coachbuilts have in total when empty :roflmto:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
not alot for bringing a few cartons of wine home ,or beer brandy etc .never mind a few illegal stowaways. plus you might get a good deal on a m,bike while away . best if you have atleast 2 ton spare payload .ha ha . cheers alan .
hope you have lots fun in your camper ,we do,.
ps. forgot the 500ltr of fuel .

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Oh No It Wasn't....

Stop winding me up...

(are Dick and Barbara visiting the Palace Mel?)

JJ

...what day is it?...

JJ, "who are Dick and Barbara"......what tablets are you on, as they seem to be working

Mel

What Palace....have you been sniffing that tube of glue again.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back