most anyone has paid for one night on a site? (1 Viewer)

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Hi guys

Got a call back this more after enquiring about a booking, they came back with a price of 42.00 a night. omg that seems a little steep to me, lady said i needed a super pitch because my van is over 24 feet and couldnt offer me a hard standing pitch but could have a spot near a lake!!!!

perhaps with living in the ne i dont live in the real world but thats around 200 pound mark for the week.

Does anyone else think this is expensive??? and what is the average price people would pay for a hard standing pitch with ehu??

would appreciate some feedback

Thanks Lea :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Most I've actually paid in the UK is £22 a night full hook up & hardstanding for a 34ft American RV and thought that was expensive. £42 is just a rip off I'd park in a layby before I'd pay that.

Cheapest was £48 for 8 nights St Albans just outside London when I was working in London for a week lovely little Caravan Club site, that was in a 29ft RV with hardstanding and full hook up.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They must be throwing a couple of women in for £42 per night.:winky:

I agree its a rip off.

Paid £48 a night in South of France last year but it was high season on a nice site.

You shouldn't need to spend thart sort of money over here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lallymc

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Its in August, have to go then cause of school holidays, they know where to get their money dont they I would take em out of school but i work there so not an option lol.

am losing the will to live now, have even checked the haven sites and they charge extra for units over 21feet lol

lea x:Smile:

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Most I've ever paid was Euro 140 for TWO night's on the Aire at Barcelona Port Diagonal. The tarrif was advertised at Eu40 per night, but the Red Bull air race was taking place that weekend:Angry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes, it is expensive , and I certainly wouldn't pay that, but owners will charge what the market will support, they exist only to make a profit, it's called capitalism, and with rising demand prices will inevitably rise year on year..

Once upon a time the 'clubs' provided affordable pitches, now they are getting expensive.

It won't be long before it's cheaper to go B & B :Sad:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi guys

Got a call back this more after enquiring about a booking, they came back with a price of 42.00 a night. omg that seems a little steep to me, lady said i needed a super pitch because my van is over 24 feet and couldnt offer me a hard standing pitch but could have a spot near a lake!!!!

perhaps with living in the ne i dont live in the real world but thats around 200 pound mark for the week.

Does anyone else think this is expensive??? and what is the average price people would pay for a hard standing pitch with ehu??

would appreciate some feedback

It depends on the amount of people in the MH , dogs, awning , canopy etc. If the site has a bar , swimming pool , gym , entertainment . School hols etc
If its just a farm eg with hard standing and hook up. Then yes its very expensive. Join the caravan camping club , theres loads of sites in there where you can pay £7 . You could even join a rally group , pay a fiver a night on a rally , without hook up . Summers coming, honest , and we wont need hard standings soon anyway.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sites seem to be making pitches smaller as well poss so they can squash more in and leaving only a few larger pitches for a premium price, years ago i could take out 25' caravan to a site anywhere in the uk and pay a normal charge for pitch and hookup and have plenty of room on the pitch for awning and chairs outside if i wanted, now if its over 21' they expect you to pay extra and you can have an awning but not the car on the pitch etc and they are charging for everything they can, awnings, even sunshades/roll out awnings, dogs, pup tents and amount per person.
Captive market and those with children even more captive due to school holidays,I think a lot of the time we are just thought of as cash cows especially those limited to school holidays, amusement parks etc treat us the same as well with an average price for admission for a family of 4 being in the £60-70 mark not to mention the prices of tat that kids want from these places

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
rip off

tes i think that s a rip off we paid £99 for 3 nights at stanwix park for easter hols an i thought that was expensive most ive ever paid:Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi guys

Nip down the road to Hartlepool & pay £50 per night at the Tall Ships - with no Hard Standing or Hook ups - Save on Diesel though ::bigsmile:

We are tight fisted Geordies & not having any kids we use CLs most of the time ::bigsmile:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
The cheapest we have paid ever was £7 inc leccy last year average is about £10/12 per night on CL/CS sites - occasionally go on larger sites when it suits our plans - currently on a site in Telford Shropshire £18.75 per night off season £19.75 high season hard standing including full drainage hookup and water hookup and leccy - nice and quiet 10 van site most pitches would take 34ft and a couple should take 40ft would need to be something really special to make me pay more than that

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Our site is £11 per night with EHU all year round. Large hardstanding with double electric 16 amp hook ups. We don't charge for extras as some do either and we keep prices the same all year too if you a 38 ft RV, caravan or motorhome. Keep it simple we thought and you can overlook the lake too:roflmto:
Had an 39 ft RV on a little while ago and he paid £11 per night to us but said he was paying £36 per night at their last stop.

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Paid £44 per night at Lakeside Park,North Somercotes at easter weekend for four and RV.What the hell,we were on holiday:thumb:.

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
£32 pn last year at Holgates near carnforth Lancashire. Superb pitches with own water, drainage, hard standing great sea views. Swimming pool, bar, kids room etc etc etc. But wow £32 per night. Least I have paid is £6 pn on a CL no elec no hardstanding.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
If everyone was as tight as i am where campsites are concerned, they wouldn't be charging these ridiculous prices. Simple really.:thumb:

steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back