Anyone doing the Etape Caledonia Cycle race in May? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hubby has entered the Etape Caledonian Cycle race in May 2010. We are going to take the van up there and tour the area after - that's if he's got any energy left after cycling through 81 miles of lochs & mountains!
Just wondered if anyone else would be doing this or spectating - perhaps we could meet up?

Steve928

Free Member
Aug 28, 2009
Funster No
It's not a race, it's a 'challange' (sic) - Link Removed

It's a beautiful and scenic route but there's one short climb of any significance (Schiehallion), so hubby should have plenty of energy left. Just hope there isn't a carpet tack attack fom the locals this year..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
It's not a race, it's a 'challange' (sic) - Link Removed

It's a beautiful and scenic route but there's one short climb of any significance (Schiehallion), so hubby should have plenty of energy left. Just hope there isn't a carpet tack attack fom the locals this year..
I should say it's the first "challenge" of this sort that he's done. He took up cycling about 2 years ago when he turned 58. When he says "do you want to go for a cycle ride" I say no cos I know it'll be about 30 miles!! When we go to Spain he rides 100K in midday heat with a group of Ex profesional riders who are all over 60 and well fit!!

Outdoorgirl

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Caladonian etape

Hi we are going on Friday to Pitlochry, we are camping at the Milton of Fonab site.
My husband is doing the ride but Im spectating, let us know where you will be and will try and meet up.

Outdoorgirl

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Hi we are going on Friday to Pitlochry, we are camping at the Milton of Fonab site.
My husband is doing the ride but Im spectating, let us know where you will be and will try and meet up.

Outdoorgirl
We are staying there too. Having spent the last few days touring the Lake District we are arriving at the campsite late Thursday. We are in a hymer motorhome - k112jhe - you can't miss us we've a blue canoe on top of the van!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Outdoorgirl

Free Member
Apr 25, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
caladonian etape

:thumb:We will be there on Friday, we have a Rimor Katamarano 5 reg LKO8 JZO please come over and say hi .
Outdoor girl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back