Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Anyone found an answer to these....

1, I have a car and a MH, any recommendations for dual cover

2/ I have a full NCB on the MH but for the car I have to start with zero NCB, I don't think that fair.

Doug...

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Anyone found an answer to these....

1, I have a car and a MH, any recommendations for dual cover

2/ I have a full NCB on the MH but for the car I have to start with zero NCB, I don't think that fair.

Doug...
Shop around, some companies will mirror the no claims

Alan H

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Just thought; when we bought the Mhome last year, the Mhome insurer we went with mirrored Pete's car and motorbike NCD - so that's full NCD on 2 cars and 3 Mbikes.

To do what we did I spose you would firstly have to tfr your NCD from the Mhome to the car, and insure that and then look for a Mhome quote.

Potty if you ask me, try a Mhome broker first and see what they say rather than individual insurers, maybe?????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
its not new for bikes.it used to be a rider policy you couldride anything upto the cc you paid for. that was inthe 60/70,s .as time moved on some stopped doing it .
i now use equity red star have 5 bikes for 247.61 . all get their own certificate of insurance but only the 1500cc allows me to drive others not belonging to me.
some companies give big sec car discount .try saga they are very helpfull.

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
I have two cars, a motorbike and the M/H.

So as not to appear to flash I will tell you that neither car is worth much and the motrbike is 1939.

Anyway, I noticed that Admiral are doing 2 or 3 car cover so when my insurance expires (soon) I am going to get a "fleet" quote!

Hallii

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When we bought the mh we went with Frank Pickles for the mh insurance and one reason was he mirrored my full ncd from the car so im sure they would do it the other way.

Gerry

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
Be very careful, listen what happened to me. I had five years no claim bonus with my car, I bought another car and insured it with a different company saying I had five years no claim with my current car, they gave me the same so I paid in full and three weeks later I sold the first car. I then went on a twelve week trip to Europe whilst away the insurance tried to contact me, as I was away they sent me a recorded deliver letter saying that I still had insurance on my first car and that no insurance company allowed no claim on more than one car they were cancelling my insurance! .even though i had paid in full. Fortunately my son ( who lives 300 miles away ) had stopped overnight and was there when the post man came. If my son had not been there I would have been towing my caravan around Europe
illegally through no fault of my own. It cost me £60 in mobile phone calls from Spain to sort it out. I had earned the no claims bonus not the car so what was the problem?

regards bri :Angry:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
NFU....national farmers union.....should mirror your existing NCB

NIG mirrored my car insurance (post office at the time) to my kontiki.

only problem is, a mirrored policy doesnt usually earn any NCB in its own right, so if you move to a company that doesnt mirror you will be classed as no NCB with them

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Safeguard mirrored my NCD on the Motorhome when I insured with them.

Sonja

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Thanks for the response, but I notice that no one is quoting a MH and a car in the same combo!!

Doug...

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi
Don't know if this was right but when I insured the RV this year NFU told me if both vehicles were in the same name they would put both on the same policy,not found out yet as car hasn't fallen due yet.

Cheers

Pete:thumb:

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
Hi,

I work in insurance and you wil find that MH policies are different to private car policies so it wil be a struggle to find someone to able to insure both on the one policy. Although I am sure someone out there may be able to do so.

Another avenue for you to go down is search for family fleet cover or personal fleet policies. These can start at 2 vehicles and maybe a solution to your problem.

Hope this helps

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have a MH ,
My car 4 year old Nissan terrano ,
and Ralph's ( proper tipper not poser !)Pick up
My car insurance is due the end of the month , they quoted me just over £500 :Eeek:
With Ralph as a named driver.

After saying bo:Smile::winky::Angry:cks , in not so many words they reduced it by £35. So id stay with them :ROFLMAO:
Still no chance.
I pointed out that i was 46 not 19 had full no claims bonus and the vehicle was 1 year older than last year so how come it was costing over £200 more to insure it this year.
The lady actually said it was because of all the other insurance claims and people not being insured:Angry::shout:
Never mind the fact that we are , and have never claimed for anything.
Anyway best quote Ive had so far is £370 , Churchill , which is better but still more than last year.

Oh she also said as its a big car it causes more damage if in an accident !!
I said yes but less damage to us the 5 occupants :Doh:
Before anyone says trade the car in , your right , we really dont need the Nissan anymore as we dont tow a caravan.
But we dont do finance unless its the interest free type .
Never have.
The car costs us nothing , its very reliable good on fuel , fits 5/7 people in and 2 dogs !

So although a more energy efficient car is on the cards , once i get the MH re upholstered :winky: we dont want one yet.
Maybe next year. One of our caravan rallier friends has got first dibs on the Nissan!

I still want a car thats got enough leg and head room being 5'.11" and having my glass back.
So i dont want anything tiny , or one of those things you see huge people driving , or with a wheel chair fixed in the back !
So does anyone know of a car insurers that would give us a discount for our 3 vehicles ? Maybe just the MH and Nissan as the pick up is classed as commercial so i dont think they'd do that . Would be great if anyone could advise.
Bev:thumb:

Bridgy

Free Member
Jan 15, 2010
Liverpool
Funster No
Bev

Again family fleet policies are an option. Also with the lady saying people not being insured etc being the reason your insurance has gone up. People have been driving around for years not insured, this is not something new. Sounds like some sort of excuse!

Also with her stating that the vehicle is larger so will cause more damage, that is rubbish. I come across quotes for HGV's that are around £600 and with the same insurer a car can go for the same if not more.

Sounds like this lady didn't know what she was doing.

Again my advice would be search for family fleet policies.

Andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back