Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
I've just had the first MOT done on the MH and the tester noticed that one of the numbers in the VIN is wrong. It is a 7 on the MH but an 8 in the log book. :Doh:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Les

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Nope, but you need to get it sorted quickly.

You will have to contact your local DVLA office and they will, no doubt, want to inspect it.

Hallii

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, as well as the vin plate there is usually two sets of chassis numbers .maybe on top of dash or on an outrigger .all depends on vehicle .you should be able to find them if you ask a dealer of the make .then visit your local dvla office .its probably the log book thats wrong .you could be one of the very few that the factory made a mistake for. i wouldnt worry at all its easily sorted .
cheers alan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Findlaters

Findlaters

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Into our 4th year
Just found out that the DVLA are open until 20:30, so gave them a phone. They just want me to send the log book to them with the correct number. I'm suprised, I thought they would have wanted some kind of proof. Maybe this sort of thing happens more often than I thought.

Thanks for the replies

Les

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Just found out that the DVLA are open until 20:30, so gave them a phone. They just want me to send the log book to them with the correct number. I'm suprised, I thought they would have wanted some kind of proof. Maybe this sort of thing happens more often than I thought.

Thanks for the replies

Les
Did exactly the same with mine (though I also sent a photograph of the Vin plate).

Mine was pretty non-controversial, however, since it had been registered as 2FA....... rather than ZFA....... - and ZFA is the correct FIAT prefix.

They then sent it back amended.....but with engine number now changed to the wrong one :Doh:.

I'd recommend keeping a photocopy of what you send in, and checking ALL details on the replacement.

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
I've just had the first MOT done on the MH and the tester noticed that one of the numbers in the VIN is wrong. It is a 7 on the MH but an 8 in the log book. :Doh:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Les

I had this sort of problem some years ago. Id bought a second hand transit van, 6 months later a knock on the door, police investigating wrong details. Id thought Id bought a ringer, but it turned out that when a fleet of vehicles had been bought the reg on my vehicle should have been allocated to another same model vehicle..They kept my reg as is but changed the vin number on documentation...

not sure if any of that helps, but just to illustrate theses things happen

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Had this on my last van as DVLA have said simply return log book with correct number there was no fuss about it.

Tramper 2

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Moreton Wirral Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Low Profile.
Exp
33 years off and on...
Dvla ??

Hi Folks, have just had the same problem myself. I took my M.H to the dealer for a little check on why the heated mirrors were not working,found out it doesn't have heated mirrors[Burstner t660],although it said it did on the bumpf you get, contacted Burstner and they apologised,they had made a mistake,so it's no prob,at least I know it wasn't me[this time haha],anyway the dealer noticed the chassis number on the van was different to the log book, the DVLA had missed a letter off, so I have sent it back to them with a little note and also photo-copied it,as yet not had a reply, but I only sent it last week. It is more common than people think,good job it can be fixed with[hopefully] no hassel, carry on camping, see you out and about,
John..

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
I had this sort of problem some years ago. Id bought a second hand transit van, 6 months later a knock on the door, police investigating wrong details. Id thought Id bought a ringer, but it turned out that when a fleet of vehicles had been bought the reg on my vehicle should have been allocated to another same model vehicle..They kept my reg as is but changed the vin number on documentation...

not sure if any of that helps, but just to illustrate theses things happen
Hi I had the same proplem, only came to light when 5th gear went ,booked in with my local garage was told wrong number came up on the conputer for my m/h, took a bit of sorting out, but all worked out in the end. Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back