Where to get those Benimar parts? (1 Viewer)

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I read somewhere on the web that the UK distributor for Benimar had given up\gone bust?

So has a new-ish Benimar Europe owner, I am wondering where I go to get my Benimar Parts? Do I have to go to source i.e Spain?

Anyone got details or a good contact be it UK or the continent?

Dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
why not contact benimar direct. i have visited their factory in benicarlo and was made very welcome .google them on the web.if your travelling down the web you pass their factory,then call in to the du pont paint factory just down the rd on the right.makes a day out if its cold in winter.
i,m sure you will find them very helpfull.
cheers alan

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
My last resort was go direct. But banking on there being a UK Distributor or some business that stocks a wide range of Benimar Parts.

I dare say, if I am in the area I would pop in but at this juncture it would not be cost or time effective to drive there. But eh you never know :whatthe:

Dave

why not contact benimar direct. i have visited their factory in benicarlo and was made very welcome .google them on the web.if your travelling down the web you pass their factory,then call in to the du pont paint factory just down the rd on the right.makes a day out if its cold in winter.
i,m sure you will find them very helpfull.
cheers alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
could be along way for a special trip.
but do go direct it usually works for me.
if you are in spain make the time to visit its between valencia and tarragona.

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
I read somewhere on the web that the UK distributor for Benimar had given up\gone bust?

So has a new-ish Benimar Europe owner, I am wondering where I go to get my Benimar Parts? Do I have to go to source i.e Spain?

Anyone got details or a good contact be it UK or the continent?

Dave

The original Benimar dealer was RDH in Beeston in Nottingham, from where I bought my Benimar 8 years ago.

They were a very good company to deal with (the best in my long experience), but due to 'commercial difficulties' (allegedly) with Benimar, they went into voluntary liquidation (I'm not aware that any of their customers suffered financially).

The RDH name was bought out by another organisation, who traded originally in the Mansfield area, and then from Nottingham, but they dropped the Benimar range in the meantime, (and also seemed to go through a few ups and downs of their own - eventually turning into a motorhome auction house!).

Then a former employee of the original RDH started RVTEX, trading at Newstead near Mansfield (another good company to deal with), and they carried out Benimar repairs and warranty work, with access to factory spares. Unfortunately, they fell foul of the recession at the end of last year.

However, there may be hope for you. The remains of the last RDH incarnation is trading from Calow in Chesterfield, and according to the owner's club, will do repairs and now has access to factory spares, and may be looking to become a dealer.

Suggest you reference Link Removed - the details relevant to the above are in the April 2010 'magazine' accessible via the website.

I liked my 6000ST, nice van, and I wish you luck in sourcing parts.

OP
OP
Z

zen navigator

Free Member
Mar 27, 2009
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Thanks for your full reply, most informative and it appears there be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, enjoying the Benimar, lots of whistles and bells, good layout. This just might be a keeper....well until something with more whistles and bells comes along :RollEyes:

Dave

The original Benimar dealer was RDH in Beeston in Nottingham, from where I bought my Benimar 8 years ago.

They were a very good company to deal with (the best in my long experience), but due to 'commercial difficulties' (allegedly) with Benimar, they went into voluntary liquidation (I'm not aware that any of their customers suffered financially).

The RDH name was bought out by another organisation, who traded originally in the Mansfield area, and then from Nottingham, but they dropped the Benimar range in the meantime, (and also seemed to go through a few ups and downs of their own - eventually turning into a motorhome auction house!).

Then a former employee of the original RDH started RVTEX, trading at Newstead near Mansfield (another good company to deal with), and they carried out Benimar repairs and warranty work, with access to factory spares. Unfortunately, they fell foul of the recession at the end of last year.

However, there may be hope for you. The remains of the last RDH incarnation is trading from Calow in Chesterfield, and according to the owner's club, will do repairs and now has access to factory spares, and may be looking to become a dealer.

Suggest you reference Link Removed - the details relevant to the above are in the April 2010 'magazine' accessible via the website.

I liked my 6000ST, nice van, and I wish you luck in sourcing parts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back