Fridge/Freezer (1 Viewer)

long range

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
Funster No
Hi can anyone help with a problem we are having with our f/f, in our Vectra RV when we use it on gas after a while 5/10 min a light comes on saying check, we have looked thro' manual and done what it suggests and it seems fine for awhile.
It works fine on electric. Someone said it may have an air lock? and to take it out + leave it on its side for 24 hrs? Bit unsure about that.:Eeek:
It is a Norcold. Looked in back of RV magazine and found mobile maintenance but they dont seem to want to come and take a look. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks Gail

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi

Assuming all models respond the same .....look here

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/8682.pdf Page 5.4 refers to 12volt feed.

It may be there's a volt drop or the battery is getting tired..

Or a gas feed problem?

"When the Burner does not ignite,
or it ignites and goes out
when the sparking stops, the
Ignition Module will close the
gas valve, turning off the gas
supply to the Burner, and illuminate
the red CHECK light."

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi can anyone help with a problem we are having with our f/f, in our Vectra RV when we use it on gas after a while 5/10 min a light comes on saying check, we have looked thro' manual and done what it suggests and it seems fine for awhile.
It works fine on electric. Someone said it may have an air lock? and to take it out + leave it on its side for 24 hrs? Bit unsure about that.:Eeek:
It is a Norcold. Looked in back of RV magazine and found mobile maintenance but they dont seem to want to come and take a look. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks Gail
That used to be the case with the older Norcold fridge freezers,but it was when the gas was burning,but the fridge wasnt getting cold.
I used to have to take mine out yearly and tip it on its left side overnight on my old Rockwood,got that used to doing it I could have it out and on the dinete in 15 mins.
Its coused by not leveling up the RV and happens over a period of time.Many people think that if it dosent get cold its a scrapper,but have you seen the replacment cost???.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
norcold fridge

what is the model number and serial number? you have various possibilities, the burner tube is full of rust from the chimney, the igniter module/control board and or the spark electrode are faulty, or depending on the model you may have a faulty control switch/cable. Don't bother taking the fridge out and laying on it's side, if the fridge is working ok on mains doing this will not achieve anything.
Dunc.

RVfulltimer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Funster No
Hello we have been having problems with our norcold f/f its thirteen years old and has been defrosting every other day tried all sorts but in the end swapped it for a domestic compressor type as the rv is sited full time and on ehu its no problem.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hello we have been having problems with our norcold f/f its thirteen years old and has been defrosting every other day tried all sorts but in the end swapped it for a domestic compressor type as the rv is sited full time and on ehu its no problem.

Yep someone did that with the first 5ver we bought and neglected to tell us, cost us a fortune buying a new unit, For them not a problem as they didnt do rallies/shows so always used ehu, we do both rallies and shows infact the 5ver i have now hasnt been used on ehu yet, but i have seen it plugged in and working when i bought it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

7149capricorn

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Funster No
For what it's worth.......... have you checked the house batteries? Our fridge needs 12volts to work the control panel (as well as propane/AC) - working off propane you are presumably not connected to shore power so if you weren't getting 12 volts it would not work, whereas on shore power (or genny) the batteries will be being charged at the same time. I think.......!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back