Dealers! (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Well,
Had my unit over a year (1 year warranty) and the plastic bearing broke on one of the leather swivel chairs, supplied as part of the deal.
E-mailed the dealer, from Spain the other week, and asked for a replacement.
Mentioning no names here is the terse reply.

"will look one out today where do you want it sent rgds alex".

I mean, what kind of reply is that, no capitals, text speak, no commas etc.
Some dealers are bad, some are good and some are muy, muy, beuno.

JK
(same happened last February when we were robbed, he DHL'd new locks to Spain on the day, without payment upfront,)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Too many Bar-B-Q`s,,, too much weight,,, & Missuse.. :winky:

How are you mate?? :thumb:

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's good to see prompt service in any industry.:Smile:

But I do wish people would stop being so lazy in the way that they communicate in writing. They may get away with grunts instead of proper speech, but a company should try to be professional in written communications. I get far too many emails that don't have "signatures" at the bottom (name, address, telephone, email etc). This is just pure ignorance. Virtually every email programme allows a user to set up his own "Signature" which will be inserted automatically into an email being composed, but most don't seem to know that, or care. How many companies send letters on blank sheets of paper? And how many individuals send letters that don't have their address etc as a letterhead? Email has taken the place of letters but good manners has disappeared as a result.

Capital letters, good punctuation, spelling and grammar don't seem to have been taught for the past twenty years!:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Too many Bar-B-Q`s,,, too much weight,,, & Missuse.. :winky:

How are you mate?? :thumb:
Having a great time in Roquetas. Judy was asking about the place and I can recomend it. It's not the same quality as Marjal but it has all the same amenities and right on the coast. Plenty to do and see and more than 61 days and €11 per day,inc elec, but not wifi. What I can't understand is why it's now completely empty, full'ish when we got here but gradually nearly all left, is it me?
When are you going to venture out again?
J&T

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
It's good to see prompt service in any industry.:Smile:

But I do wish people would stop being so lazy in the way that they communicate in writing. They may get away with grunts instead of proper speech, but a company should try to be professional in written communications. I get far too many emails that don't have "signatures" at the bottom (name, address, telephone, email etc). This is just pure ignorance. Virtually every email programme allows a user to set up his own "Signature" which will be inserted automatically into an email being composed, but most don't seem to know that, or care. How many companies send letters on blank sheets of paper? And how many individuals send letters that don't have their address etc as a letterhead? Email has taken the place of letters but good manners has disappeared as a result.

Capital letters, good punctuation, spelling and grammar don't seem to have been taught for the past twenty years!:Angry:

I'm assuming the above is a joke, otherwise:-

“his own” Reflexive pronoun

good manners has” good manners have, perhaps?
JK

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks for the heads up on Rouqetes.. :thumb:

Dont think it is you, re every one leaving,,, but then again I have been known to get things wrong.. (On many Occassion).. :winky:::bigsmile:

Once the move is out the way we will plan next winters getta way..

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm glad to see service with a smile and to hell with the vaguries of spellin and grammar. Talking of which correcting a poster spellin or Grammaur without being asked by said person carries a 7 day automatic suspension, if Jim Notices it. so please beware I do not want my post correctid.
thank yew.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think I prefer a quick yes I will do all I can to help you than a well written polite grammatically correct BUGGER OFF WE HAVE YOUR MONEY

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I dont care what kind of "speak" my dealer (or mfr) use as long as they give me my 50p piece of plastic for my dinette table on order (warranty) since last june so no rush....

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
"will look one out today where do you want it sent rgds alex".

Hes going to sort it out for you , today , and is asking where you want it sending.
What more do you want?
Id rather that abrupt text speak , non capitaled note , than a well written letter , saying go whistle. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hes going to sort it out for you , today , and is asking where you want it sending.
What more do you want?
Id rather that abrupt text speak , non capitaled note , than a well written letter , saying go whistle. :ROFLMAO:

I guess people just don't get the intended humour, if you read the post I am complementing him, I was being ironic wrt his e-mail. read the last line again.
It does not matter how he communicates he just happens to be the best Dealer
I have ever delt with, afterservice is second to none.
JK

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Sorry I thought you were being grumpy:Doh: we all want this sort of service but very often get poor service

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back