New to Forum but not to Motorhoming! (1 Viewer)

L&A

Free Member
May 2, 2010
North Cambs/South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Talbot Bedouin
Exp
About 16 Years
Greetings you peoples!:yeah:

L&A = Laurence & Alison, and we've been motorhoming for quite a few years now.

Firstly having borrowed Mum & Dads Ford Autosleeper around 1994ish and ended up using it more than them, eventually they had to go and buy another for themselves, smart move eh? :thumb:

We completely wore that van out, engine, fittings and all, and now have a Talbot Bedouin that we have had for around six years-ish. The last three years we had completely neglected our van mainly because of a fear of expected high cost MOT repairs and the horrendous cost to insure. Just got the van back on the road for a total cost of £846... Road tax, insurance, MOT, four new tyres, complete exhaust and small MOT failure jobs. All done and ready to GO! Yippee ::bigsmile:

No need for me to tell you of the fantastic times we have had in our two vans! along with four kiddies who will have many fond memories for the rest of their lives... Sadly all now of an age where holidays with Mom n' Dad is no longer Kewl... :cry-smile:

This time round as it will be the two of us, I'm planning on fitting a tow bar and hauling along with us my classic BSA motorcycle, hopefully we'll be parked up somewhere cheap enough and then spending time riding around. We found there are too many narrow roads and crowded parking places and before you know it... Empty Wallet!

Some of my questions will be about camp sites accepting motorcycle trailers and or additional costs etc. Anyone else motorcycle? Certainly would be nice to meet up with anyone that does.

L&A :thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi L&A and :welcome:to the house of MotorHomeFun.:thumb:

flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
New to forum

Hi and welcome - perhaps we'll see you at a Funsters rally soon::bigsmile:

S.:thumb:

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Do the classic transport shows where you show your bike = free entry camping etc. I met a husband and wife that do these all over the country they just park the bike up on display and of they go they told me of a huge week long rally where they camped up parked bike up and went elsewhere for the day and enjoyed the entertainment in the eves.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Anyone else motorcycle? Certainly would be nice to meet up with anyone that does.
L&A :thumb:

This place is crawling with bikers.

There seems to a great affinity with bikers of a certain age getting a bit fed up arriving wet and cold and generally knackered.

Bikes and MH are a real problem though. Too heavy to hang on the back of most. Some tow. Some settle for electric push bikes. All dream of just riding into the mobile bike shed and driving off.

Classic BSA. So you'll be dead from trying to start it and crippled from slipping on the oil slicks says this VFR owner.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
A warm welcome, Laurence and Alison.

Enjoy this site, it keeps blood pressure high when some of us cut loose, lifts your knowledge of practically everything, brings tears to your eyes (of laughter) and makes you throw tnings at the screen at some posts.

Here's to mature bikers as well, so welcome.

Cheers

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
BTW, Mountain Man, what's a VFR owner. Nothing to do with Visual Flight rules, I take it?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
BTW, Mountain Man, what's a VFR owner. Nothing to do with Visual Flight rules, I take it?

Visual Flight Rules certainly help.

But VFR750 the finest engineered volume production bike ever made by Honda.

Pretty horrible in IMC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back