Windbreak (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Any ideas on where to purchase a decent windbreak not the beach type with wooden poles...Dave

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We saw windbreaks at the recent shows, but were put off by the prices. Similar to those shown in this link http://www.windbreakleisure.co.uk/gallery.html

We ended getting a set of windbreak curtains for the awning at the Peterborough show and I am impressed as to how well they work to cut out the wind ::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Like Delllwood saw the best ones at shows. Very expensive but if you wait until the final day of the show, quite late on, you can put in an offer and often it will be accepted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Towsure, Riversway leisure, I bought one which i thought was great with metal ploes and ties, absouloutly hate it, it is more trouble than it is worth, I will be getting a good quality wood pole one my view is keep it simple!

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We saw windbreaks at the recent shows, but were put off by the prices. Similar to those shown in this link http://www.windbreakleisure.co.uk/gallery.html

That looks like a well-made product.

Knowing how much it can cost to manufacture an item of this nature, using good quality materials, I would consider the price to be very fair. You will pay more than that for an opening hatch to let a breeze INTO your motorhome (not a complex item to make), so why not spend somewhat less on something to improve your comfort outside the vehicle?

It would be easy to make the product cheaper using inferior fabrics, but the product would have a shorter life and would not look so smart. Considering the price of a motorhome why be a cheapskate on comfort items?::bigsmile:

I hope, though, that the product is made more professionally than their web site. They don't even tell visitors their address. I am always very loathe to deal with anyone who does not give their physical address, or a contact name. Why do companies think it is good to be secretive? If the business is a UK registered company, of course, the Companies Act requires the disclosure, on the web site, of their registered number and registered address (though many web design companies are not familiar with this, being usually untrained in business matters). If they take money "off the page" they must also give their VAT number.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Heimdal

Free Member
Feb 15, 2010
Funster No
That looks like a well-made product.

I hope, though, that the product is made more professionally than their web site. They don't even tell visitors their address. I am always very loathe to deal with anyone who does not give their physical address, or a contact name. Why do companies think it is good to be secretive? If the business is a UK registered company, of course, the Companies Act requires the disclosure, on the web site, of their registered number and registered address (though many web design companies are not familiar with this, being usually untrained in business matters). If they take money "off the page" they must also give their VAT number.

Looking at the wrong page, check the 'HOME' button at top left :winky:

http://www.windbreakleisure.co.uk/index.html

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for all the replys,this was more or less the type of windbreak i was after http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/acatalog/info_103706.html i.e "Working mans price":ROFLMAO:...just something to keep the draft off the barbi or the flys off the misses when she sun bathes (ouch):cry:she just hit me

Even better working mans price and you can hide the missus behind this one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products.php?product=Coleman-Windshield-Classic-Camping-WindBreak

And its got Funsters discount:thumb:

Peter

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Oops! Silly me. I expected to find the info on the Contact Us page (which is the normal location for it). I could have sworn that I looked at the Home page. :Sad:

They still should give their company registered number and state the registered address to comply with the law.:Cool:

Thanks, dave jm, for the link to the cheaper wind-breaks. They look to be extremely good value. The only thing that could be a problem is the long guy ropes that this sort of construction demands. But if that is not an issue, the whole package is neat and lightweight when stowed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back