alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I want to use my MH tv with my laptop, I connect with a monitor lead and can only get:
NO SYNC can anyone help please.
Ivan

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I want to use my MH tv with my laptop, I connect with a monitor lead and can only get:
NO SYNC can anyone help please.
Ivan

You need to tell us.......

What system software you have on the computer (I hope its not Vista as I don't know it)
What video ports you have on the monitor
What are the connectors on your video lead

I have done this with a XP system To a reverse camera and it is not a stable setup but it can be done.

Doug...

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I think most modern TVs have a PC input and usually provide a suitable lead. You will have to select PC with the remote control using the Source button or similar if it has one.

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alivan

alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Reply From Ivan

Hello, thanks for the help: It is windows and I am just using the same lead as on my house comp. from unit to monitor large flat plug with 2 wheel screws blue. the lap top has no scart, S. 4 x USB.
ivan

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
With some laptops you have to turn on the external screen, On mine I have to press FN and F2. One of the F buttons will have a small picture of a screen shaped thing on it.
This normally turns off the laptop screen to save battery,as long as the external screen is connected. If you press the same buttons again it should turn the laptop screen back on again.

wireman

Free Member
Dec 18, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You are using the VGA port on the laptop. Your TV has a VGA input?

Check to make sure that the laptop is correctly set up in properties to auto switch the VGA port on when it detects a monitor (external). With some you may have to do it manually (control key held down and press F5 often works depending on laptop) and make sure you TV is set to AV (could be AV1 or AV2 try them both). Basically the TV is not seeing a signal on the channel it is on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
TV as monitor

Hi ALIVAN,
Sometimes Fn F2 etc (it's Fn F8 on a Dell!) doesn't work very well (depends on your graphics adaptor) If it doesn't;
Right click on any clear area of the desktop (not on an icon) and select "Graphics Options" > "Output To" > "Monitor". That should do the trick. If you want the laptop screen to stay on as well you should also have an option of dual display (mine says "Intel(R) Dual Display Clone") then select "Monitor + Notebook". There can be a delay of a few seconds after selection before anything happens. Hope this helps :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back