Bath (Comedy Walk) Meet FULL- CLOSED (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am looking at arranging a meet in Bath. This will be on a campsite at the Bath Marina with Hard standing and capable of taking any size motorhome. 28 August or the 4th Sept( prices TBA) Number will dictate prices, the more the merrier.

EDIT : DATE NOW CONFIRMED 17-18-19 of Sep A Rally Rate of £16 per van per night

Our very own Funster JJ has agreed that whatever Saturday we choose he will ensure that he is the resident guide on the World famous Bath comedy Walk. ::bigsmile:

So if you fancy a weekend in the fantastic city of Bath, with quality entertainment on the Saturday please say so here. it will be nice to get a feel for numbers interested. Up for it? I am::bigsmile:

Reviews of the Bath Comedy Walk

"Bizarre Bath is weird and wonderful, poking fun at the more eccentric elements of the city, as well as using passers-by in an enormously entertaining piece of street theatre. It's all the work of Noel Britten, JJ and Dominic Searle who have taken their renowned acts all over the world, and who now provide an evening show that is unique to Bath.

On the evening I was there, a group of about 50 people - comprising locals, tourists, day-trippers and passers-by - had assembled at the Huntsman Inn for the start of the walk. Not that you have to do much walking. It's more of a gentle stroll, interrupted by moments of lunacy. It is clear that the tour's great success depends much on the presenter's interplay with passers-by."

Evening Chronicle
"Probably - no, make that definitely - the most entertaining hour and a half I have ever spent in England... easily the best entertainment value in Britain."

Bill Stainton NBC-TV
"A mystical magical tour - pure magic." The Independent

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sadly I won't be able to park with you Funsters as the new management of the campsite won't allow the Wagon on the site anymore... something about Eastern European travelling people vans!!!...:cry: :cry:

JJ

PS. I will have to check the dates of the National Magic Convention Jim... can't miss that...

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
yep we would love to come on this, I bought some tickets off a dodgey auction off an even more dodgey man recently:winky:
however for us to come it would have to be the 7th Sept or later. We are in France prior.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
7th is good for us, just need to ensure JJ is OK with that date. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sept 9th,10.11, and 12th is the Shepton Show isn't it?

Can we "link" the two toghether or would that restrict the number of Funsters able to attend?

Weekend of 17/18/19 Sept ok for me but the next one (24, 25, 26) I am away in Eastbourne.

JJ

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
7th is good for us, just need to ensure JJ is OK with that date. :thumb:

Hi Jim - Don't know if I have a dodgy calendar but the 7th Sept is a Tuesday :Eeek: - worth mentioning that Shepton Show starts on the 9th/10th so would be an easy drop down to Shepton from Bath for the next rally :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim - Don't know if I have a dodgy calendar but the 7th Sept is a Tuesday :Eeek: - worth mentioning that Shepton Show starts on the 9th/10th so would be an easy drop down to Shepton from Bath for the next rally :ROFLMAO:

Doh, That should read 28 August or the 4th Sept

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
4th Sept falls within the Newark Show. If we had a rally Calendar we could see where the available dates were, hee hee

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
4th Sept falls within the Newark Show. If we had a rally Calendar we could see where the available dates were, hee hee

Link Removed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Overlapping meets are allowed, encouraged even. Thousands of members and its a big country. Don't be worried about having two meets on the same day, especially when they are hundreds of miles apart. :Smile:,

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Sadly I won't be able to park with you Funsters as the new management of the campsite won't allow the Wagon on the site anymore... something about Eastern European travelling people vans!!!...:cry: :cry:

JJ

PS. I will have to check the dates of the National Magic Convention Jim... can't miss that...

I can rent you my garage at a very reasonable rate and it will probably be an improvement on the black beast. It even has an internal light and central heating!!!

Doug...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I can rent you my garage at a very reasonable rate and it will probably be an improvement on the black beast. It even has an internal light and central heating!!!

Doug...

Cheeky bugger... it is a good job I like you... anyway, I don't need central heating... I set fire to a wood and string puzzle I found in the Black BEAUTY and it burnt for ages!!!!

JJ

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Cheeky bugger... it is a good job I like you... anyway, I don't need central heating... I set fire to a wood and string puzzle I found in the Black BEAUTY and it burnt for ages!!!!

JJ

Have you solved it?????

Doug...

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Link Removed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Overlapping meets are allowed, encouraged even. Thousands of members and its a big country. Don't be worried about having two meets on the same day, especially when they are hundreds of miles apart. :Smile:,

Trouble is I had it in my head JJ was going to Newark and two meets miles apart a bit much even for a great magician like him. Anyhow after some research I find that as usual I am mistaken and it was NEWBURY he had his name down for. Don't know why I bother even trying to think, its just a total waste of time.:whatthe::whatthe::Doh:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
we should be able to make the W/E 4th Sept if its going to be then

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
OK, it seems that spaces at Bath Marina and the availability of our own Comedy Genius JJ dictate that this Comedy Walk Meet will take place over the Weekend 17/18/19 Sept. Going to see the walk in Bath on the Saturday.

The site is on Bath Marina which is close to the town centre. Details Here Bath Marina

If you are interested, then shout up here and I will make a block booking::bigsmile:

Attendees thus far are...

Jim,
haganap
Hilldweller

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice one Brian:thumb:

Jim,
haganap
Hilldweller
Pat4Neil
(maybe probably provisionally pencilled in)

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Jim could be interested in this one could you provisionally book us down

and will let you soon.

Now to go and sort my funny walk out :ROFLMAO:

Pat

clarify

Free Member
Jul 19, 2009
Funster No
Bath meet

Hi Jim put us down for that please sounds like fun
Ray and Claire

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Jim,
haganap
Hilldweller
Pat4Neil
(maybe probably provisionally pencilled in) :Smile:
Movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Jim, can you tell me which pitch it is please so I can work finances out. Thank you.

Is it the basic pitch without electricity? If so I could probably make it. Please put me down as a possible until I hear from you . Thank you. Joy

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, can you tell me which pitch it is please so I can work finances out. Thank you.

Is it the basic pitch without electricity? If so I could probably make it. Please put me down as a possible until I hear from you . Thank you. Joy

I think you will be able to pick any pitch:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
In that case will you put me down please.:Smile:

PS I mean on the list .... not out of my misery!!!!!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No Problem:thumb: Your on the List::bigsmile: Any more want to come?

Jim,
haganap
Hilldweller
Pat4Neil
(maybe probably provisionally pencilled in) :Smile:
Movan
Wasp
Lunarman
Red Sonja
Staging Lady

Join us or log in to post a reply.