external hard drive (2 Viewers)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Got a fastastic bargain yesterday Western Digital 1 .0 TB hard drive from Maplins £69, well pleased with it, till now just dropped it, bounced off the office desk which is in the attic we had converted, hit the lovely plush carpetted floor so phew lucky me, opps no it then disappered through the attic hatch to the floor below.. :Doh:
Oh dear lovely new hard drive now in several pieces, oh well back to Maplins tomorrow. Grrrr

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Wow it sounds like it was alive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry though it is annoying, just hoped you hadnt backed up something onto then deleted it off the computer :Doh:....

Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Roger I dont think they would cover that in any policy/warranty :Sad:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Oh Brian you are naughty teaching robnchris to tell porkies :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
If it's the housing that's broken, I'd see if you can recover the drive from inside and mount it and test it with WDs data lifeguard software. (runs under windows and downloadable from their site)

I think it's a 3.5" disk inside, and it may be a standard SATA or EIDE interface once de-installed.

A fall of that magnitude has probably killed it, but if the heads were parked it might be OK, and if it works, you either have an extra internal drive, or you can buy a new enclosure for it for less than a replacement.

Only worth it if it diagnoses as OK.

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
hard drive

Believe me guys I did put it back together to see if it would fire up, the heads are well and truely in shock, it did after all fall 20 ft.
I think for £69 I will put it down to that little black cloud that sometimes follows you about.. grrrr
Certainly not worth bothering with the house insurance...

Brian I`m shocked, stunned and somewhat amazed that you would suggest such a thing, especially after your comments in the stealing section...
Mind you....I do still have the box....:ROFLMAO:

oh ps got a little parcel from Hong Kong this morning, marked as a gift so no import duty..
A lovely Copter-X CX450PRO kit.. :thumb:

OP
OP
robnchris
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
I can't believe how good these are. I just curse the day I found Esky on the internet.

The alloy bodied CX 450AE V2 flies brilliantly but the carbon body on this Pro kit is bloody fantastic and it`s a torque tube rather than belt, can`t wait to get into the build.
I`m looking for a good 3500kv motor for it now, Blink heli`s appear not to do the one they sold with the 30amp speed contoller and BEC so a little research I`m thinking, already have the servos and Spektrum RX.
Will fit Trex 450 main Gears and the Align 326 Carbon blades and also Trex 500 landing gear makes it look more balanced.

Oh yeah went and bought a new hard-drive from Maplins, you like these he said, don`t ask I said, told him and he said some would have brought it back and said that is how it came out of the box...

I said you don`t know a bloke called Brian do you....:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back