Self moving Mouse!!! (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Something wacky going on here.

My mouse pointer has suddenly developed a freaky mind of its own by moving even when i'm not touching the mouse. E.g. if I place the pointer arrow at the top of the screen and then leave it with my hand nowhere near, it will suddenly move about 3 inches diagonally, stop, then move again!

It's only just started doing this today and i've never experienced anything like it before. At first I thought it was me (senior moments etc), then when i was convinced it was the mouse after all, i pulled it apart and cleaned it......but thats not the fault as it's still darting about!

Anyone any ideas/suggestions?
(No daft comments about get a mousetrap or leave some cheese out either!) :RollEyes:

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Is it an optical mouse? If so, it could be the surface that it is working on - if it's shiny or light coloured it confuses the mouse.
Corded.....and i never use shiny mats either, always the cheap ones which are just cloth surfaced and much better.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Laptop or PC?
If former you may be able to disable track pad/thumb mouse when external mouse connected.
Never seen an optical mouse play up in this way!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
....... Maggie (Chatter has 13 hamsters if that's of any help to you.):winky:

oakeyfamily

Free Member
Jan 16, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
6 months
Hi

I had the same problem on my lap top and googled the problem. If you do the same you will see the suggestion is a virus. If you have a virus checker when you turn your comp off the checker will do its job and it will disappear. I dont think it is dangerous to the comp but agree it is a wierd feeling when the cursor moves of its own free will!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back