Intro and a question (1 Viewer)

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Hello all, I am now the proud owner of a Hymer 522, I have just purchased it. I have been motorhoming for about 20 years.

We go to France, Spain, Portugal, and other EU places for about 6 weeks at a stretch, this will be increased to a maybe 3 months on our next trip.

Question:- my 522 is fitted with a swivel drivers seat, I find it a bit high and wonder if it can be lowered?
I have found the "tilt" lever which doesn't really lower the seat.

I wonder if I can take the seat off the swivel base and fix it as per the standard seat?

I will, no doubt, have a few more questions in due time!

Geoff

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Hi Geoff. I also have a 522 which I've had for a couple of years. Being a short arse I don't find the seat too high but some time ago there was a thread on here voicing the same problem as you. Sorry I can't find the thread but hopefully the person who posted it will pick this up again.
The tilt levers on my seat do lower it quite a bit but I have found you need to wriggle and fidget around a fair bit whilst sat on the seat with the lever pulled up in order for the seat to go down. So before any drastic action of removing the swivel it may be worth a good wriggle first.
Best of luck with the van it's a good choice!
Cheers

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi and Welcome to MH FUN.

It is possible to remove the swivel, this will drop the seat by aprox. 3 ins depending on make.

You will find 4 poss. torx screws hold seat to swivel 2 front, 2 rear this will loosen seat BE VERY CAREFUL SEAT IS VERY HEAVY.
Bolts found by sliding seat back and forward
To remove swivel this is mounted 4 bolts again 2 front 2 back. back 2 normally mounted through slide rail.
Fit seat to holes in base by holes swivel was mounted by.

It is possible to get lower boxes to mount swivel on, but as battery is normally mounted below often entails repositioning battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Can't help with the techni, Hallii, but welcome to the madhouse - you'll find it's just as useful for the serious stuff as the fun.

Not all experts are drips under pressure - ours aren't!

Cheers

OP
OP
hallii

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Thanks Desco, I will get the spanner out and have a go, but before I take it apart I WILL have a good go with the lower/tilt thing and see if I can lower it that way.

Geoff

Hi and Welcome to MH FUN.

It is possible to remove the swivel, this will drop the seat by aprox. 3 ins depending on make.

You will find 4 poss. torx screws hold seat to swivel 2 front, 2 rear this will loosen seat BE VERY CAREFUL SEAT IS VERY HEAVY.
Bolts found by sliding seat back and forward
To remove swivel this is mounted 4 bolts again 2 front 2 back. back 2 normally mounted through slide rail.
Fit seat to holes in base by holes swivel was mounted by.

It is possible to get lower boxes to mount swivel on, but as battery is normally mounted below often entails repositioning battery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back