Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Greetings good Folk
I am new to motor caravanning but have been towing a caravan for ten years and it was becoming too stressfull.
We have just bought a Swift Bolero 630 PR and have tried it out on a long weekend. Very pleased with the way it handled and happy with all the goodies inside the van.
Just one thing, the injector failure warning light appeared on the dashboard and stayed on all the way home. I did not notice any drop off of power etc. I have booked the van in to be sorted out at the main Fiat dealer.
I just wondered whether any of you people on this site had any experience of this happening.
I should add that the van is not new but in lovely condition

Dave:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Dave welcome to FUN
The Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL LIGHT)
Has illuminated because a fault has been detected, not necessarily an Injector fault
It could be emissions related or even a misfire, have it cleard first as it may just have been a glitch
we clear many such indicator lights only for them never to be seen again
Somtimes the next trip out brings it back on
This is then the time to have it investigated properly
whoever scans it can tell you the codes present, your looking for a repeat ocourance before spending the beer tokens
otherwise you may end up wasting money on a gremlin not a real fault
most independent garges will scan and clear for you if your charge £25-£30 that will be half Fiats prices
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

GuitarDave

Free Member
Apr 20, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Geo - thanks for your comments. As the vehicle is under warranty it's not costing me anything . I was just curious.
:Smile:

Upvote 0

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
This has happened twice to me. (2 different vans). The first was a real fault, a stuck butterfly valve in the engine accompanied by severe loss of power.

The second had no symptoms at all, in fact we had to drive quite a long way with it on. When we took it in, all the garage did was download a software update.- but its been fine for over a year since.

Have fun in your new motohome!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back