dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We are new to motor homes, having just moved up from a trailer tent to a nearly new Adria sport 375. After a number of problems which took the dealer 6 months to fix we had an almost fault free trip away this weekend.
The strange thing is that some of the overhead lockers don't seem to lock even though the latch mechanism does work when the doors are open. Looking at the doors there is a little bit of adjustment possible on the hinges but the latch is fixed to one position on the door.
Do I need to lower the doors to make the latch catch on the frame or is there a better way to adjust them?

Thanks for any advice

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Do I need to lower the doors to make the latch catch on the frame or is there a better way to adjust them?

Thanks for any advice

Sounds like the dealer's problem.

But if you want to make it yours....

If the door looks right then maybe pack up the part on the frame that it latches onto.

Always take care with screws - much of a MH is the thinnest ply you will ever find for weight reasons, do not over tighten.

OP
OP
dna

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
We don't really want to go back to the dealer again - has taken since November to get the main problems resolved. Also since buying it we have seen lots of negative comments about that group mirroring our experience in trying to get things fixed (if only I'd done more research on this site before buying!).

Thank you for the suggestion - I'll have a look at the possibility of packing the hinges and then decide if I want to brave the dealer experience again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi.:Smile:

Take a realy close look at a working lock to see if you can spot any slight difference. Other than that it is trial and error. Try not to break aany bits.:thumb:

steve & ann --------- teensvan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back