pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi Mike and welcome to the fun....

twice a day sounds very excessive to me.....you dont have an onboard hot tub do you ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

most folks might need to fill twice a week but you dont say what van or size tank you have.

best thing is a hose pipe or two and assorted tap adaptors.
failing that you will need something like a 40liter aquaroll water carrier.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi, twice a day????

Water container/aqua roll and a submersible pump with pipe and 12volt plug on it to an external (or fit in locker) 12 volt source, that's what we did with the last van as we needed to refill approx every 3 days.

Others use smaller (unless you have substantial byceps:ROFLMAO:) water container and a funnel and finally, a watering can, though these options will have you wandering back and forth all day I suspect.

How big is you tank, most get at least a few days, have you checked for leaks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I can last for around 4 days on my 45 litre tank so sounds very high usage.
If so much is going into the tank what about the grey (waste) water, or do you drink a lot! ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Compass57

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Low line
Exp
2 years
Brillo Pads..

what can l do to stop having to take my motorhome to the tap to fill up:Angry: twice a day

Be more frugal with usage.
A tank full can last me a week or at least five days.
That’s water enough for my partner, a thirsty dog and me.
I believe my Compass Rambler has a forty-litre tank or their abouts.
We use very little water to wash dirty pots and tend to save the washing up of them until there is enough to warrant using half bowl full.
Personal hygiene can be maintained by using baby wipes.
Brushing of teeth can be achieved by only using enough water to wash ones mouth out afterwards which can be as little as four fluid ounces.
As daft as it might seem an Electric shaver uses no water either [battery]
I find using Hygiene gel too can save on water.
Failing my entire suggestions park up near a stream where one can help oneself to as much H2O as one likes, a cold dip can be so invigorating while brillo padding yesterdays dried on porridge off that non stick milk saucepan.

Bip.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
what can l do to stop having to take my motorhome to the tap to fill up:Angry: twice a day
Hello :welcome:
If we were all to have a shower daily in the MH , i could understand you having to fill it back up twice a day.
But there are 5 of us , and 2 dogs !
You dont say if your a family or a couple. Or what type MH you have.
Ours takes just over 3 aqua roll's of water. If we all just have a wash morning n night , wash up when needed. Go to the loo as and when , we easily manage a day with the 5 of us with 1 tank.
We have an aqua roll and pump if we know we are going to be on a rally , and not able to easily get to the water tap.
I reckon you may have a leak somewhere.
Bev

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Personal hygiene can be maintained by using baby wipes.

Sorry, I couldn't be doing with that, I didn't buy a van to start washing with baby wipes..

Jan and I have a shower at least once a day, what's so hard about filling up ?

I've not come across a site in the UK with a water meter .. and even wildcamping, there are plenty of places to find water.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Failing my entire suggestions park up near a stream where one can help oneself to as much H2O as one likes, a cold dip can be so invigorating

Bip.:thumb:

In our tenting days , years ago, Ralph always used to take an invigorating wash in a stream. He swore by it.
Till one day after a full body dip, brush of teeth etc. We decided to go up stream for a walk. Only to be met by a savaged sheep with all its entrails , floating about in the said stream. :ROFLMAO:
He was very nearly sick. The kids thought it was hilarious
Bev

Upvote 0

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Stick to whisky, it's much healthier, most water has passed through many kidneys since it was first put on earth.

Upvote 0

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
i carry 140 litres of fresh water, and that lasts us a week,

that's with 3 showers each during that week, using the washing machine once, washing up, flushing the bog, brushing teeth, giving the rats and the dog water to drink etc.

the bog tank generaly lasts us 3 days, but i have a gut problem, and sometimes it barely lasts a day.

but i am wondering if your using the motorhome as if you are in a house???

showering is the biggest user of water, and when on a tanked supply, you can't really keep it running for 20 minutes as you would at home,
way to save water is to turn the shower on, get wet, turn it off, shampoo your hair, apply body wash/soap, then water on, rinse your hair and body, water off, apply conditioner if needed, soap any bits you missed, then watr on, final rinse, water off, job done, and you used about 10 litres of water.

similar with teeth brushing, only turn the tap on when you are wetting the brush or swilling the sink down,

if you must use a lot of water, or your van has tiny tanks, then an aquaroll is the best bet as others have mentioned, but also mentioned is how you cope with the waste water,

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, I couldn't be doing with that, I didn't buy a van to start washing with baby wipes..

Jan and I have a shower at least once a day, what's so hard about filling up ?

I've not come across a site in the UK with a water meter .. and even wildcamping, there are plenty of places to find water.

its not matter of water restrictions Jim, its the frequency of filling and access thats the problem.

they have to fill twice a day and have no long hose, aquaroll, bucket or watering can...just relying on driving to the tap twice a day.

we still dont know what van they have or what size tank but even a small 40ltr tank twice a day is excessive to me.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
its not matter of water restrictions Jim, its the frequency of filling and access thats the problem.

they have to fill twice a day and have no long hose, aquaroll, bucket or watering can...just relying on driving to the tap twice a day.

we still dont know what van they have or what size tank but even a small 40ltr tank twice a day is excessive to me.

Hi John , I wasn't replying to the op, ( see quote in my post )

I was commenting on using baby wipes as an alternative to washing .. I'd rather carry water in a bottle than do that ..

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
why dont you just smell like the rest of us? :ROFLMAO:

and get a dog to lick your bowls clean,,,, I said bowls!!:winky:

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Because I generally keep my tank topped up with a watering can I know we use between 20 and 30 litres of water a day, its a 180 litre tank, so you are using a lot of water. The only other supply we use is a jug filled directly from the on site tap for tea making. We don't use the shower, using the site showers when available.

Rds
Bill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back