Peterborough show...who's going ? (1 Viewer)

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Hi all....so come on then , who's attending ? ?
We will be there ,hopefully....first time with the van,Thurs to Mon.
Just one question for you regulars...is there only one entrance on Thurs morning or is there more,if so which is best for the general camping ?

If any of you good people ,experts and newbies alike are up for a natter and a DRINK after all the exploring,look for our Autotrail Dakota...MMM on the dash ,reg ending ABJ.
Plenty of brain picking is good for all. :thumb: :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Maddie

Free Member
Nov 19, 2007
Ashford, Middlesex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We will be going but only the Saturdaynight. Did not want to pre-book with the rally as we did not know if we were working or not.

Maddie

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To enter the site just follow the signposts to the showground or Motorhome Show. See Link Removed for further details and Google map.

Once on the site there will be plenty of marshals to direct you to the appropriate area.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
which is best for the general camping ?

:thumb: :ROFLMAO:

Phil

well you got that wrong for a start......should have booked with the funsters and got your discount plus camping with the greatest, maddest, friendliest bunch there.

never mind, theres always next time.

why dont you look out for the funsters camp and join them for a beer or two. :thumb:

OP
OP
manu54

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
most certainly will do Pappajohn....thanks !
Could not commit by April 1st, but yeah,looking forward to it.

Phil

Lets hope the weather is kind.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
we will be there but we will be childless for the first time in our motorhoming life,, so we might not be out :winky:

OP
OP
manu54

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Hope you're not next to us then......teeee heeeee lol !

Phil

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
we will be there but we will be childless for the first time in our motorhoming life,, so we might not be out :winky:

No worries Paul, I'm sure we can manage for three minutes without you :winky::ROFLMAO:

Bryan

OP
OP
manu54

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Will Fun flags and window stickers be available at the show , anyone ? ?

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
No kids

STEVE SAYS HE WILL CAMCORD IF YOU LIKE SO YOU WILL HAVE MEMORIES TILL NEXT TIME YOUR CHILDLESS LOL:Smile:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We will be there Friday pm after I Have wished my best friend farewell from this world into the next r.i.p. until Monday when we then head to South Wales to meet up with our daughter who is coming over from IOM for a holiday near Porthcawl.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
They usually have plenty of non-booked accommodation in the General area. AFAIK that only restricts where the van is parked up, no restrictions on walking around with a crate of beer to share with Funsters ::bigsmile:

Graham

If your not booked with the Funsters you won't get into their camping area ..

we were there last year as day visitors and no way would the guard let us in to visit, even when Jim vouched for us... :Sad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If your not booked with the Funsters you won't get into their camping area ..

we were there last year as day visitors and no way would the guard let us in to visit, even when Jim vouched for us... :Sad:

I think there is a distinction between day visitors and campers rather than between campers in different areas. The security was in place between the exhibition area and the camping areas rather than between camping areas.

For instance, to get to the Elsan point we had to walk across/alongside areas set aside for other clubs.

Graham

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so we cant come then, unless ........... someone else pulls out... Ah well, I may have to go and get my haircut...

ShiftZZ

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think there is a distinction between day visitors and campers rather than between campers in different areas. The security was in place between the exhibition area and the camping areas rather than between camping areas.

For instance, to get to the Elsan point we had to walk across/alongside areas set aside for other clubs.

Graham

I stand corrected then.. thanks Graham ..

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Unfortunately the people who run the peterborough show really are tight on the rules and regs, if your paperwork isnt in order you aint getting in.

i'm sure it's only planning regs that stop them erecting guard towers and an electric fence around the show :roflmto:

BUT it is a really good show, the best turn out for accessories of all the shows, usually takes a good hour to walk round all the stalls, or 4 hours if i have a rat on my shoulder as so many people stop to ask about the rats (good job they love the attention)
then there's the vans for sale to wander round if your into that (i do it occasionaly looking for ideas to incorporate into my van, it'll never be finished, it just keeps on evolving)

we'll have our vinyl cutter with us as usual, but remember it is only my hobby, not a commercial set up, so i have to draw most of the graphics, i don't have a massive library of them as the big boys do,
To find us, just ask for the rat mans van an iveco based coachbuilt with a round wolf sticker on the side), or look for the smart car on tow with ratty paw prints all over it (first time using the new A-frame, been running round like a blue arsed fly getting everything together in time)

still got a bike rack to fit, but i think i'll leave that till after the show, as i need to block out the hollow bits between the rear fancy panel and the actual van's body somehow,
and hopefully the sun has been booked so i wont have to run the genny, but if i do it will be for half the time as i have the new 40 amp charger fitted, but not had time to paralell the old 20 amp one... not that i rekon the genny could handle them both at the same time.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I stand corrected then.. thanks Graham ..

I think the problem is that they have had day visitors of the tea leaf variety at some shows - and nobody wants them wandering round unattended vans. Pity they didn't let you in when Jim vouched last year but I suppose it's a case of applying the same rules to all.

Graham

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
come along Shiftzz, I would love to share a scotch with ya and meet ya.. We could always smuggle you in.:thumb:

Yes, I'm sure you would be able to join us for a drink if you're in the general camping area. I'll gladly give you a beer - but it will have to be Boddingtons because (as you know from my posts) I have no Brains :roflmto::roflmto:

Graham

OP
OP
manu54

manu54

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
18 years
Hi Graham...are you saying there are no perimeters, i take it just an open set up ?

Phil

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham...are you saying there are no perimeters, i take it just an open set up ?

Phil
The exhibition (and some of the pre-booked camping) is within a fenced area but much of the camping is on what is basically a number of grassed areas divided by permanent and temporary roadways. Put postcode PE2 6XE into Google maps for a full view.

On the attachment, the F shows where Fun was last year - one corner of a grassed area which also accommodated other clubs separated by temporary roadways. Other camping areas were on the other grassed areas. Club areas are separated by temporary tape boundaries and are sized according to the number of bookings, allowing sufficient space to comply with fire regs but no more.

Hope this helps.

Graham

Attachments

• Peterborough.jpg
    Peterborough.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 25

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have booked from the thursday, was hoping to get our new van to show off but as yet still no van, been waiting since 26Th feb for it but first time for us to be going with the funsters, be gentle with us??? have just taken the postcode from previous post will that get us to the main gate for the funsters?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The postcode will get you plenty near enough to pick up the signs to follow to the showground. There's a Google map on the organiser's web site Link Removed which can be zoomed in and has satellite option.

If I remember rightly the entrance we used last year was from the roundabout on Oundle Road down Joseph Odam Way. Plenty of signs outside and marshals within the site to direct you.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back