Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
traded our elddis in for a bassacarr in oct , did all the paper work filled in our part of the log book and was told by the dealer we will post that off , this morning we receive in the post a fine from DVLA saying that we did not tell them that we are no longer the keeper of the van :Angry: deep joy :Doh::Doh: so if you do a trade in make sure YOU send the part of the log book off and DO NOT :Angry:rely on the dealer to do it , as they dont always do what they say

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just for clarifiaction for those that dont know how it should work
If as you say you traded in
You should have been given the yellow sold to the trade portion of the log book duly filled in with traders name and vat number
He retains remaing parts to fill in when he sells it on:thumb:
You should then send in the yellow section to DVLA to notify them of the sale to the trade and remove your title
Dont fight the trader for the blue front page portion, that is his
you only retain and send off that front page if you sell privately, then the new owner is given only the green portion
And as theresa has found out to their cost:cry: DONT let anyone do it for you
YOU will be liable:Eeek:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
traded our elddis in for a bassacarr in oct , did all the paper work filled in our part of the log book and was told by the dealer we will post that off , this morning we receive in the post a fine from DVLA saying that we did not tell them that we are no longer the keeper of the van :Angry: deep joy :Doh::Doh: so if you do a trade in make sure YOU send the part of the log book off and DO NOT :Angry:rely on the dealer to do it , as they dont always do what they say

Give your dealer the bill and some stick, he failed to honour his promise, he should also have filled in part of the V5 saying the van was in the trade, plus his dealers name, address and VAT number. THAT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY!

Peter

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I agree with Peter on that one. The dealer did not keep his word, and honour the trust you gave him - so get him to foot the bill!

If you don't want to rock the boat with them (many people just like a peaceful life) Let him know that you have been fined, he may chuck you a free hab service later.

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I bought my Smart from a national dealer in February this year, to date no V5. Called the DVLA earlier in the week and they have no record of the sale. Sent the Green part off that i was given and now waiting for the V5 in my name!!!

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Give your dealer the bill and some stick, he failed to honour his promise, he should also have filled in part of the V5 saying the van was in the trade, plus his dealers name, address and VAT number. THAT IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY!

Peter

have given the dealer a phone call and a flea in his ear , was told to fill in the form saying it was the dealer who was at fault and send back to DVLA , so the form is back in the post to the DVLA , have to wait and see now , but what ever happens we will NOT be paying the fine :Blush:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
have given the dealer a phone call and a flea in his ear , was told to fill in the form saying it was the dealer who was at fault and send back to DVLA , so the form is back in the post to the DVLA , have to wait and see now , but what ever happens we will NOT be paying the fine :Blush:

her majes goverment dont do no :Angry:
they only do yes sir where do i pay:thumb:
or what time do you require the baliffs:Eeek:
may be the once to pay and fight the trader for him to reimburse you

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
her majes goverment dont do no :Angry:
they only do yes sir where do i pay:thumb:
or what time do you require the baliffs:Eeek:
may be the once to pay and fight the trader for him to reimburse you

oh dont worry it will get payed but by the trader , they have been very good in the past and am sure they will pay it , when i spoke to them today they were o,k about it all . and after all i think they relies it was their cock up :Blush::Blush::Blush::Doh:

Free Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Exactly the same thing happened to me 6 months ago.

I paid the fine promptly (£40) and asked for a receipt.

I took the receipt to the dealer (Discover Leisure). No quibble, 2 minutes later I had 2 nice crisp £20`s in my hand.:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Exactly the same thing happened to me 6 months ago.

I paid the fine promptly (£40) and asked for a receipt.

I took the receipt to the dealer (Discover Leisure). No quibble, 2 minutes later I had 2 nice crisp £20`s in my hand.:thumb:

I think you were VERY VERY lucky

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back