Camp Site Almafura Spain or la manga (1 Viewer)

ROD & LISA

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
Hi all we are going to spain in sept 2010 and trying to find out about Almafura camp site or la Manga has anyone stayed there , what is it like , as there web sites dont really tell you much , Or is there any better ones you can recomend .We have a 36foot RV so need a large pitch . Cheers any help would be Great.
Rod & Lisa :Eeek:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We stayed in la Manga in our 36ft A class RV its ok but depends when you go and can be quite expensive and very noisy, the nice bit it has its own private beach on the mar menor.
As you face the beach the right hand side of the site has turned into a ghetto with even potacabins with scaffold and netting attached and is very noisy.

We would stay there again but would not go in July August as its far too busy but should be fine in September.
Also a great supermarket on site to stock up.:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Stayed a few times at La-Manga,, if you are going to stay any length of time try and do a deal,, they will out of season.

That time of year it is comfortably warm, still loads of Bars & Restaurants open, but not so crowded.. Nice cycling along the Mar-Menor..

As Ror says right hand side getting a bit over inhabited,,

If you can and have a large`ish rig ask to go on the left hand road as you look down from reception (which is the Out road -one way system in use-) other wise you may be put in the middle, which is like a rabbit warren of little roads/lanes, and seemed to me to be on top of each other.. (How they managed to get some of the big rigs into these parts beats me) :RollEyes:

Enjoy your trip.. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Haven't stayed on either but would recommend

Link Removed

Stayed for three months, 36ft RV with trailer, double pitch off-season , close to beach, good cycling ..

Link Removed

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
This is a great site which will take your rv easily. Its on the Costa Brava so it depends how far you want to travel.

The surrounding area is beatifull, its a bit hilly so you need to be pretty good on your pins. It starts to cool down a bit in September.

http://www.campingkims.com/01.php?lang=EN

Jim

:Smile:
The photo's of the site dont do it justice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi all we are going to spain in sept 2010 and trying to find out about Almafura camp site or la Manga has anyone stayed there , what is it like , as there web sites dont really tell you much , Or is there any better ones you can recomend .We have a 36foot RV so need a large pitch . Cheers any help would be Great.
Rod & Lisa :Eeek:

:Cool: Are you referring to Camping Almafra? :-

http://www.campingalmafra.es/

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Be very carefull if booking for La Manga, 3 years ago i booked 3 large pitches for myself and 2 friends, on arrival we were allocated 3 pitches spread all over the huge site and were not near one another at all.
My one mate was fine he had the large pitch booked but i could not possibly get into my allocated pitch and i am only 23ft long so off to the office politely requesting another, after some discussion they gave me another pitch ,the second one again no chance of getting in as the high hedges were all around and not enough room to turn in.

They completely refused to give me a large pitch as booked so i asked for a refund of the 100 euro deposit which they refused but after a hard discussion and the htreat of taking it up with the credit card company i had paid with they returned my depsit and stuck 2 fingers up at me and mouthed off in Spanish.

My other mate also ended up with a small very enclosed pitch and was refused another so all 3 of us had a refund and moved on. The best thing we ever did as the site looked a dump to me.

RD

iluvmyrv

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
7 years
Hi.We stayed at Camping Almafra from Oct 2009 - January 2010 and had a great time.They have various sized and priced pitches,but if you are staying a while you can negotiate.Plenty of other big RVs and friendly people.We have booked too go back in Sept,health permitting.You can get a bus too Benidorm from outside the campsite - excellent service every 20 minutes - if you want some 'nightlife' but we found the local bars great! Bar and restaurant on site,great indoor swimming pool,jacuzzi etc and bars/restaurant within walking distance. La manga - well thats a differant kettle of fish altogether. We had booked too go there for 3 months a couple of years back and as we had a car drove there (from Benidorm) too check it out.What a dump!! Cancelled the booking and stayed where we were!!! Give Almafra a try -Im sure you wont be disappointed.

OP
OP
R

ROD & LISA

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
Thanks to all that have answered our question , We think by reading these we will be going to Almafra , but if you have any more info about Almafra please reply . It sounds a great site . :thumb:Cheers all Rod & Lisa

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks to all that have answered our question , We think by reading these we will be going to Almafra , but if you have any more info about Almafra please reply . It sounds a great site . :thumb:Cheers all Rod & Lisa

Wishing you a great trip :Smile:

Tips.

Spanish sites are usually very dusty with little or no grass, and the ground is like concrete, so take a large piece of plastic sheeting to use as a groundsheet, the sort you can buy in builders merchants or garden centers, a dozen or so of 6" nails and a 2lb club hammer..

Don't forget a Spanish EHU plug

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Its all a matter of opinion and personal taste. We stayed in La manga last october. Whilst you could not fault the site facilities, it was not to our taste. The site is absolutely huge, lots of people staying for a long time. The bar/ restaurant is excellent value for money, but when we arrived it was full of english people doing line dancing. Nothing against that, but it is not us.

The area around is almost totally developed and not particularly attractive.

We had stayed for a few nights in the hills before which was quiet, beautiful views and much more to our liking.

We went to see what it was like, I doubt we will go back.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Out of the two I would choose Almafra. It is not pretty and not on the beach. It is noisy from traffic but public transport both train and bus is within 200 yards You are also 10 minutes walk of the town of Alfas del Pi. We did not like La Manga very much as it was a bit out of the way and to get anywhere from there you could do with a car.

We found the beach at La Manga uninviting.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp

:Cool: What would you like to know? We are in our fourth year here. THAT must say something. :ROFLMAO:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Wishing you a great trip :Smile:

Tips.

Spanish sites are usually very dusty with little or no grass, and the ground is like concrete, so take a large piece of plastic sheeting to use as a groundsheet, the sort you can buy in builders merchants or garden centers, a dozen or so of 6" nails and a 2lb club hammer..

Don't forget a Spanish EHU plug

:roflmto: That is quite correct Jim. Apart from when it's been raining a lot. Then it like MUD Soup. :ROFLMAO:

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
I've thought about staying there for about 4 weeks in the Autumn but was put off by the lack of any price information.

Why don't they publish their prices on the internet? Does anyone know how much per night for a 4 week stay.

OP
OP
R

ROD & LISA

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
:Cool: What would you like to know? We are in our fourth year here. THAT must say something. :ROFLMAO:
Hi have been looking to book but donot know what colour plot would be suitable for my 36 foot Challenger , were on site is the best position , should i phone them or book by internet , can we have mail sent there ,any little things like this we would be glad to know as we are still new to RVing started Nov 2009 and we donot want another winter in England .
Thanks Rod & Lisa :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi have been looking to book but donot know what colour plot would be suitable for my 36 foot Challenger , were on site is the best position , should i phone them or book by internet , can we have mail sent there ,any little things like this we would be glad to know as we are still new to RVing started Nov 2009 and we donot want another winter in England .
Thanks Rod & Lisa :thumb:

:Cool: You will fit virtually anywhere on the site. But Orange (Naranja) or Red (Roja) would be best. We are 38ft and are on a Red (Roja) plot. Quite a few people have asked me how to find the prices on the Internet. They have even emailed tha Campsite for this Information.

Basically the 2010 prices are:-

Orange (Nananja) plot for 1 to 30 days is 18.40€ per day over 31 days 14.59€ - Elec 3€/day.

Red (Roja) plot 1 to 30 days is 20.00€ per day over 31 days 15.15€ - Elec 0.35€/kw

This is for the Plot plus 2 persons. Electric/Water/Sewage/Cable TV on all Orange/Red plots.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Red (Roja) plot 1 to 30 days is 20.00€ per day over 31 days 15.15€ - Elec 0.35€/kw

This is for the Plot plus 2 persons. Electric/Water/Sewage/Cable TV on all Orange/Red plots.

wow .. they certainly know how to charge for leccy .... 35c per kw :Eeek:

no wonder you have a big bank and roof full of solar panels John .. :Cool:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
wow .. they certainly know how to charge for leccy .... 35c per kw :Eeek:

no wonder you have a big bank and roof full of solar panels John .. :Cool:

::bigsmile: It was 39 cents last year. This year 3 of my batteries have been dragging the rest down and the weather has NOT been good since the New Year. However, not needed Elec since I sorted them. :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
The going rate, as charged by the utilities co.

This web site has EU prices, not sure how up to date it is, but it suggests the price per kwh in Spain is 9.5c ... big difference from 35c

http://www.energy.eu/#Domestic

::bigsmile: Apart from bumping up the plot prices by 26.4%, they have to make a profit somehow. Don't they? :RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
::bigsmile: Apart from bumping up the plot prices by 26.4%, they have to make a profit somehow. Don't they? :RollEyes:

well John, I reckon Spanish site owners have shot themselves in the foot, ... falling numbers, so they up the price ... that's bound to have them flocking back :Doh:

The poor £ / € exchange rate, high fuel costs, poor weather and increased site costs can only mean fewer winter snow birds winging their way to the costas.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
well John, I reckon Spanish site owners have shot themselves in the foot, ... falling numbers, so they up the price ... that's bound to have them flocking back :Doh:

The poor £ / € exchange rate, high fuel costs, poor weather and increased site costs can only mean fewer winter snow birds winging their way to the costas.

:Smile: I couldn't agree more Jim. But we like the site along with ALL it's facilities. Now dogs are allowed, more Dutch/German & French are coming on the camp. In fact there are now more Dutch than British. We like the Dutch. Haven't met ANY that we could not get on with. I wish we could say the same about the Brits. :RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
:Smile: I couldn't agree more Jim. But we like the site along with ALL it's facilities. Now dogs are allowed, more Dutch/German & French are coming on the camp. In fact there are now more Dutch than British. We like the Dutch. Haven't met ANY that we could not get on with. I wish we could say the same about the Brits. :RollEyes:

Hi John

I never been to that site, it was just a general comment on rising costs of sites and travel to Spain.

When we were at Roquetas Camping we chose to be beside the Dutch and Germans.. the Brit area was like Coronation street, couldn't handle it ... :roflmto:

When we left the Germans gave us a surprise send off party ( probably glad to get rid of us :ROFLMAO:) and came out in the morning to say goodbye.. great bunch

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
When we left the Germans gave us a surprise send off party ( probably glad to get rid of us :ROFLMAO:) and came out in the morning to say goodbye.. great bunch

:roflmto: We are usually in a slightly different position. We are normally waving all them off. But they are ALWAYS inviting us to visit Holland etc. If we visited them all? We wouldn't spend any time here or the UK. :ROFLMAO:

PS. Sorry to digress from the original Topic. It is after all FUN.

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi John

I never been to that site, it was just a general comment on rising costs of sites and travel to Spain.

When we were at Roquetas Camping we chose to be beside the Dutch and Germans.. the Brit area was like Coronation street, couldn't handle it ... :roflmto:

Last year we stayed at Camping Eden near Peniscola..we too were with the Dutch and the Swedes..what a great bunch of folks.. either side of us were the Swedes.. in front were the Dutch when we arrived the pitch was a little bit tight so the Swedish guys watched me in (Over hanging branches) so I didn't catch the roof don't always get that from the Brits I do it as I'm an ex truck driver
There was a couple of German couples who we spoke to on a regular basis..usual stuff..Guten Tag.. Weigehts (Army style German) and every one got on great
We stayed just over 8 weeks in total and when we left we exchanged E-Mails and the like.. and receive and send E-Mails from most of them on a regular basis..in fact one of the Dutch couples Roger and Connie were doing a trip to England in the summer (last year) and as I was throwing out an old collins road atlas..2006 vintage gave it to Roger and over a couple of Hienekens..(only to be sociable) gave him the benefit of my knowledge of England..as i said ex truck driver..had we not sold up and moved to Tenerife we would have been back there this year!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back