TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I'm sure I remember reading in a thread lately about watching TV channels via broadband. Can anybody point me in the right direction please, or give me any info about how it works?

Thanks.

wildbri

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Funster No
Hi you will find it at Link Removed hope this is what you are looking for , regards bri ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm sure I remember reading in a thread lately about watching TV channels via broadband. Can anybody point me in the right direction please, or give me any info about how it works?

Thanks.

Watch out if you are on a dongle though, they eat data!

Peter

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
You know that you can buy a usb dongle that recieves freeview free of charge and some will even record tv!:RollEyes:

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
hi :Smile: ive just bought a wintv usb dvb-t on ebay, i havent received it yet,it has good reviews, ive researched that i can connect an ariel into the usb and i can watch and record live tv on my laptop, i`ll let you know if it works :thumb:

Hopesy

Free Member
Nov 5, 2008
South Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
bought one of these gadgets from aldi for a small fee. the small aeriel it comes with is pretty useless but i use one the loop aerials and get excellent results.

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
we had probelms with Virgin cable this week, it looked like the other half would get withdrawl systoms not being able to watch eastenders, I went to BBC i player and she got her fix, I understood it to be a catch up channel but no you can watch the programmes at the set time, ITV has it own service which works as well.

Not tried them with a dongle but I will when funds allow.

Nick

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
OP
OP
TDH

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Thanks for all of those helpful posts. Yes, I was worried about the security of some of the sites - I wondered who had used what.

I'll push on - thanks to everybody.

T

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
hi :Smile: ive just bought a wintv usb dvb-t on ebay, i havent received it yet,it has good reviews, ive researched that i can connect an ariel into the usb and i can watch and record live tv on my laptop, i`ll let you know if it works :thumb:

:Cool: I have one. It works a treat and works in Spain too. :thumb:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
we had probelms with Virgin cable this week, it looked like the other half would get withdrawl systoms not being able to watch eastenders, I went to BBC i player and she got her fix, I understood it to be a catch up channel but no you can watch the programmes at the set time, ITV has it own service which works as well.

Not tried them with a dongle but I will when funds allow.

Nick

:Smile: I have used the PAYG Three Dongle in the UK and it works OK. BUT, it does use a lot of your allowance. :Blush:

RichyB

Free Member
Jun 23, 2009
Staffs UK
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
3 months
TV on laptop

I use WinTV by Hauupage. You buy the usb dongle which has an ariel connection on the end of it. Install the software using the supplied disc. Then, using the comupter, scan for the tv channels (its an autoscan thing). It picks up all of the usual freeview channels. But like any TV, it needs a good ariel reception. Dongle doesn't cost much, but get the very latest digital model, may need to shop around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back