Dealership rip off (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Purchased privatly a Bessacarr e560 last Nov,never used it because of bad weather untill January then got 3 letters concerning problems with hab door under recall,decided then to get final year of warrenty from Swift and Fiat changed into my name..the outcome was Swift had no problem changeing name over f.o.c and re placing hab door,but when i went to a Fiat garage concerning judder problem i was told "Yes you can change the name for £186" but judder problem does not come into new warrenty....Then phoned Fiat on their free No..registered the problem..paid £27 they then emailed another garage (not Fiat dealership) and requested they do the work under warrenty.....So all out there with Fiat problems phone the free No don't let the main dealerships rip you off...00800 3428 1111:thumb:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
.....So all out there with Fiat problems phone the free No don't let the main dealerships rip you off...00800 3428 1111:thumb:[/COLOR]
Slighty 'off topic' but relevant to the theme is the growing number of businesses which use premium rate numbers to rake in extra money. Many of course are also local which is even more annoying. Sheer racketeering which should be outlawed and stopped.

One very useful site i've always kept in 'favourites' is http://www.saynoto0870.com/ which not only lists local rate numbers, but also freephone which are rarely (if ever!!) listed as lots of companies don't like you to know those.

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One very useful site i've always kept in 'favourites' is http://www.saynoto0870.com/ which not only lists local rate numbers, but also freephone which are rarely (if ever!!) listed as lots of companies don't like you to know those.

I quite agree. I use that site all the time because I will not call an 0870, 0871, 0844, 0845 number on principal. The so-called Local Call rates of the two latter prefixes are not that at all. They are "Lowcall" rates. Spot the difference? The dummies who run the companies don't know the difference, unfortunately.

Why would a company charge you to call them to do business? How would customers feel if Tesco, for example, charged 10p to enter their store to do the weekly shopping?

I pay 1.5p per minute to call practically every country in the world. Brittany Ferries wants me to call them to make a booking at the rate of 8p per minute! (0870). I don't use that, of course, but use their geographic number, obtained from saynoto0870!

If you have no option but to call a company on their high rate number, just ask them, when you get through, to call you back on your phone. Most will. If they don't, use another company!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Slighty 'off topic' but relevant to the theme is the growing number of businesses which use premium rate numbers to rake in extra money. Many of course are also local which is even more annoying. Sheer racketeering which should be outlawed and stopped.

I agree with your comments Bulletguy but pray tell me what this has got to do with the topic i have written about..surely you would have been better off making a new thread on the subject of these No's...Dave:Angry:

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
Dave,
Well done with sorting that one to many owners gratitude and relief.
Hope you have all warranty work on chassis carried out effectively.
I'm still waiting another hab door and roof separation fix. Oh, and the reversing camera while they are about it.
Geoff

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Despite what we may think about Fiat and the judder, their warranty department can be brilliant.

Might I suggest you phone Fiat and ask for a copy of all the info they have on your vehicle.
It shouldn't cost anything and is a useful reference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dave jm

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Despite what we may think about Fiat and the judder, their warranty department can be brilliant.

Might I suggest you phone Fiat and ask for a copy of all the info they have on your vehicle.
It shouldn't cost anything and is a useful reference.

I'm sure they are after having a long chat with several departments at the main office who only charged me £27 instead of £168 rip off from the dealership in Hull.
Thanks for info on vehicle reference:thumb:...Dave

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I agree with Spacerunner, the warranty department are excellent, instead of phoning them I just wrote a letter. Got a quick reply and everything sorted out.

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back