Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I want to fit a little LCD TV to the wall in the van, just behind where my head would b as a driver, so into the coachbuild where it goes out bhind the cab.
This is the best place for viewing, but is it ok to fix it here?

Also looking on ebay there seems to be a huge difference in price between 'normal' Tv brackets, and those avertised as being for motorhomes. The only difference can see is that oe is £15 whilst the other is £50:Eeek: Is there any reason why it needs to be a 'motorhome' bracket? will a normal one do?

Thanks

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No it doesn't have to be a 'motorhome' bracket, but you do have to make sure that when in transit you can secure the TV in place so it doesn't swing around! We got a good bracket off ebay for our current motorhome 3 years ago to attach our TV above a shelf rather than below and just secured it in place with a strap when in transit. Now we're changing vans I'll have to get another one as its going to have to be mounted differently (no shelf).

Are you talking about attaching the bracket to the actual bulkhead or the outer wall of the coachbuilt, I'm not sure which you mean exactly ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It should be ok to mount it where you suggest providing their is a substantial place to mount it bearing in mind these TV's can weigh a bit even the small ones.

And not just the static weight. The mass increases substantially when the vehicle hits a bump - sleeping policeman, for example, and when cornering. The G forces increases the mass of the TV, so this must be taken into account.

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Use a quick release bracket, has the advantage of no tv on show when parked up. Link Removed VMax

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back