advise needed re trip to disney end april (1 Viewer)

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
10years with family 4 years new family
hello , we are going over to disney end sof april in our camper , we will be arriving at calais on thurs later night so gonna stay in ferry port then travel down fri morning , we dont need to be in disney until sat morning , we did disney last year as a group but this will be the first time on our own , has anyone got any advise for us best places to go ect.. a good route down to paris????thanks loads

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
disney

HI tashamarie
We are going to disney as well end off may and the start off june 2 motorhomes up to now (Robin and this family and me and my family)
will try and get some more on here to see if any one is up for .If you are not in a rush down it would be a nice trip the non toll will take an hour or two more and will save you a bit off fuel and 32 e as well .Are you staying in disney car park over night you are still ok to do this i had an email off them 3 weeks ago saying it was ok .We stay over night at Cite Europe we also stock up on food beer and wine .Did you get Annual Passports on your last trip this will be our 4 trip on this Annual Pass .if you need any more info about anything just ask :thumb:

Mangled

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Kent
Funster No
Exp
4 Years
I have just got back from Eurodisney and thanks to all the advise I was offered on here. I stayed at the City Europe Motorhome park in Coquelles before and after travelling to Paris. The Motorhome Park at Eurodisney costs 17 Euro per night, it might be cheaper to buy one annual fantasy pass as the parking is free this cost 139 euro's, in fact I bought one for everyone as we are going to go again.If you do get an annual pass the fastpass tickets come with it and you do get various discounts on the shops and shows. When you get in the parks go and get all your fastpass tickets as the queues were on average about 1 - 1 .5 hours for the rides. About a third of the Studios was closed for refurbishment and this does not open until July, there was also a few rides in the main park that were being refurbished.There is room for hundreds of vans and it was surprisingly quite, a tip I was given was to park away from the moving walkways as they start pumping out disney music at an early hour. Take all your own food and drink into the park as it is really expensive, I saw that a burger and chips meal with drink was 10 euro's. I took the peage to paris which is very expensive at 31 euro's each way but I remember trying to use the nationals once and it seemed to take hours and with the kids in the van that was not an option but there will be people on here who could suggest a better route. A container is useful for water as there is a tap outside the coach drivers toilet and shower block as I would not use the taps by the water drain point as people also use this for cleaning out there toilet cassetes, people also seemed to use the water disposal point in the coachpark to empty there toilets into as well which really did smell and the sight was not to good either. You can use the showers and toilets in the coach drivers block although there is a sign saying that it is just for them but everyone was using them.

In all just have fun.

Gord

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A container is useful for water as there is a tap outside the coach drivers toilet and shower block as I would not use the taps by the water drain point as people also use this for cleaning out there toilet cassetes, people also seemed to use the water disposal point in the coachpark to empty there toilets into as well which really did smell and the sight was not to good either. You can use the showers and toilets in the coach drivers block although there is a sign saying that it is just for them but everyone was using them.

In all just have fun.

Gord

Hi Gord

That was my experience when we stayed..

This isn't an aire or a campsite .. it has NO motorhome facilities .. it is a CAR PARK .. and people wonder why motorhomers get a bad name.

Is it any wonder height barriers are appearing, not only in the UK but at many scenic parking places in France.

Mangled

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Kent
Funster No
Exp
4 Years
Thanks we had a great time, in the main park the tea cups and a couple of the smaller rides were being refurbished. In the Studios it seemed to be the back right hand corner where the tram tours, a roller coaster and some parachute thing were closed.

Will be going back in the summer with the kids and maybe again around christmas as I still have tesco vouchers to use on the tunnel.

Cheers Gord

Mangled

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Kent
Funster No
Exp
4 Years

This isn't an aire or a campsite .. it has NO motorhome facilities .. it is a CAR PARK .. and people wonder why motorhomers get a bad name.

Although a very expensive carpark at 17 euro per night, when I got my parking permit from the left luggage office by the main park entrance the guys were telling me that the disclaimers are there just to protect disney and they do expect the coach drivers facilities to be used by the motorhomers. I imagine that if you slip on wet floor in the showers and tried to sue they will just say that you were not supposed to be there although they expect you to use them. They also said as I have an annual pass that they would put it on the ticket and I could just leave that in a long as I stayed there and that could be as long as I like.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Although a very expensive carpark at 17 euro per night, when I got my parking permit from the left luggage office by the main park entrance the guys were telling me that the disclaimers are there just to protect disney and they do expect the coach drivers facilities to be used by the motorhomers. I imagine that if you slip on wet floor in the showers and tried to sue they will just say that you were not supposed to be there although they expect you to use them. They also said as I have an annual pass that they would put it on the ticket and I could just leave that in a long as I stayed there and that could be as long as I like.

Disney are protecting themselves because the car park doesn't have motorhome facilities, ie chemical and grey waste facilities.. so it is not an aire .. it's a car park. irrespective of showers and toilets which are provided for bus crews.

Which raises the question, why doesn't Disney provide motorhome facilities and have it classed as an aire ?
I've no idea, I can only guess that the local camping sites may have objected .. so Disney have turned a blind eye to the abuse .. but for how long ?

pendy

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
When we stayed last august the vans were all emptying out in the Coach park and the smell was disgusting, we refilled only with water in the 2 nights we were there, and I have to say it was mostly the Italians, although there were a lot of Brit's present none of us followed suit.
Big pat on the back for us, Peter.

Mizar

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Just returned at the weekend from a week in France and spent 3 nights 2 days at disney in the car park i was quite impressed yes the grey/black water dumping is a bit smelly and dirty but this is designed for coaches to dump there grey and black waste and it had a sensor on and when you pull away it flushes with large jets of water the problem is it is like a cattle grid design so not all the solids get flushed away there were a lot of motorhomers using these as well its just nobody cleaned up after themselves, we just used the toilet block and then you do not have to empty your toilet there is an aire at the esso garage 300 meters away if required and as a bonus they sell lovely fresh bread.

There was a european socket outlet near the water dumping and there was an italian van parked there all the time we were there plugged into this power outlet (cheek) which ment they could sit and watch everyone empty there toilets etc the smell must have been lovely for them surley no one is that desperate for power but they never got moved on.

There was a couple of fresh water taps which were on the campervan side of the fence not the coach side near the water dumping area around 100 and 200 yards away which were clean and ok for filling the fresh water tank the only problem was they have a short neck on them and i had an adaptor that goes over the neck but you just have to hold it on while filling.

The toilets and showers do say coach drivers only but this was never a problem the only problem someone in our party had was when they went for a shower around 7.30am and the cleaner was there she shouted at him and another lady in french and they did not know if she was saying you should not be using these or if she did not want people in while she was cleaning which is understandable, what i would say is they were always clean both showers and toilets but i only used them in the mornings and early evening. If they did not want motorhomers to use them why not lock them of and give the bus drivers a code for access i think it a case of if some one does fall etc they are not liable.

As for the price it is 17 euro per night which is the most we paid all week as we had an ACSI card and stayed on there sites the reat of our week. the great thing about staying at Disney car park is you can stay in the park as late as you want and you do not have to worry about buses or trains back to a camp site, people were sat out around there campers having meals and drinking too.
Some chap told me he had only paid 17 Euros for 4 nights ? every morning i paid i got a ticket with the date written on for that day which you have to display he told me he had just got a ticket on the first day and wrote PA on the ticket which he thought ment Pass Annual and when you looked there was quite a few vans with a date on of 2 or 3 days prior to the actual date with a PA on so maybe these had annual passes and he was right but i did not want to risk a ticket on our first trip to france but i must say never saw in security checking the tickets.

The only down side to staying in the car park is the road sweeper around 2am every morning very noisy.

Like some one else has said take your own food in as it is very expensive they do bag searches when entering the park but they are not very intrested and they never stopped us.

Drinks i bought 3 pints of lager from the bar in Disney village 19 euros that was the first and last pint we had.

But all in all well worth the trip just to see the kids faces and ours, it was our first time to Disney and to france in our motorhome and i was very impressed with France and cant wait to go back in the summer i think we will try the Atlantic coast or the Med.

Have a great time.

Ged

OP
OP
T

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
10years with family 4 years new family
HI tashamarie
We are going to disney as well end off may and the start off june 2 motorhomes up to now (Robin and this family and me and my family)
will try and get some more on here to see if any one is up for .If you are not in a rush down it would be a nice trip the non toll will take an hour or two more and will save you a bit off fuel and 32 e as well .Are you staying in disney car park over night you are still ok to do this i had an email off them 3 weeks ago saying it was ok .We stay over night at Cite Europe we also stock up on food beer and wine .Did you get Annual Passports on your last trip this will be our 4 trip on this Annual Pass .if you need any more info about anything just ask :thumb:

hiya , thanks , this will be first time traveling down on our own , we were going to go toll roads but id like to see something like a village ect , stop in the bakery ect, and toll rd can be expensive , this is susposed to be a cheap trip to disney lol , i already have tickets so no anual pass but am ok to pay the 17 euros a night , its gone up from 13 last year lol!! ,

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks we had a great time, in the main park the tea cups and a couple of the smaller rides were being refurbished. In the Studios it seemed to be the back right hand corner where the tram tours, a roller coaster and some parachute thing were closed.

Will be going back in the summer with the kids and maybe again around christmas as I still have tesco vouchers to use on the tunnel.

Cheers Gord

The rides you mention in the studios are actually new rides. These were due to open Spring 2010, but this has now been put back to late summer!!! Hope they'refinished by the time we go in August.
They close rides during the quieter times though for maintainance.

Just returned at the weekend from a week in France and spent 3 nights 2 days at disney in the car park i was quite impressed yes the grey/black water dumping is a bit smelly and dirty but this is designed for coaches to dump there grey and black waste and it had a sensor on and when you pull away it flushes with large jets of water the problem is it is like a cattle grid design so not all the solids get flushed away there were a lot of motorhomers using these as well its just nobody cleaned up after themselves, we just used the toilet block and then you do not have to empty your toilet there is an aire at the esso garage 300 meters away if required and as a bonus they sell lovely fresh bread.

There was a european socket outlet near the water dumping and there was an italian van parked there all the time we were there plugged into this power outlet (cheek) which ment they could sit and watch everyone empty there toilets etc the smell must have been lovely for them surley no one is that desperate for power but they never got moved on.

Ged

The electric point at the Esso aire is part of the service they offer. I can't remember the exact cost but I think it's around 4E to empty waste, fill fresh water and plug into the electric for a set amount of time, but again I can't remember how long this is.
This is a good place to park up if you arrive at the park late and can't get in. They have no problems with you parking up and sleeping for the night to enter Disney the following day.

If you are using the toll roads this is good place to fill up with fuel also, as it is cheaper than the petrol stations on the autoroutes (but if using non-toll you will find it cheaper in the villages/towns)

Mizar

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
The rides you mention in the studios are actually new rides. These were due to open Spring 2010, but this has now been put back to late summer!!! Hope they'refinished by the time we go in August.
They close rides during the quieter times though for maintainance.

The electric point at the Esso aire is part of the service they offer. I can't remember the exact cost but I think it's around 4E to empty waste, fill fresh water and plug into the electric for a set amount of time, but again I can't remember how long this is.
This is a good place to park up if you arrive at the park late and can't get in. They have no problems with you parking up and sleeping for the night to enter Disney the following day.

If you are using the toll roads this is good place to fill up with fuel also, as it is cheaper than the petrol stations on the autoroutes (but if using non-toll you will find it cheaper in the villages/towns)

No sorry i mean there was and electric socket near the water dump area in the coach park at disney i think it would be for jet washers etc for cleaning it was that the italian van was plugged in to for the 3 days we were there not the aire.

Ged

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
No sorry i mean there was and electric socket near the water dump area in the coach park at disney i think it would be for jet washers etc for cleaning it was that the italian van was plugged in to for the 3 days we were there not the aire.

Ged

Ah yes, sorry, my mistake. That's really cheeky, same thing happened last time we were there, an Italian van again, but they were plugged into the socket in the shower block building:whatthe:, some people are unbelievable aren't they.

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
we will be there with terry

still down in cornwall at the moment ( seems we have been here a long time now ), weather is great so hanging on until have to return, terry and family came down for the first week we were here and have become very close friends in the time we known them since disney new year ( terry the bbq captain )
may/june holiday now swapped to disney and will take non toll route and stay in car park on our annual passes and will be superb with all the kids ( large and small ) having a great time

:ROFLMAO::thumb::Eeek::ROFLMAO:

Mangled

Free Member
Mar 11, 2010
Kent
Funster No
Exp
4 Years
will take non toll route and stay in car park on our annual passes and will be superb with all the kids ( large and small ) having a great time

:ROFLMAO::thumb::Eeek::ROFLMAO:

As a matter of interest which non toll route do you find the best to Eurodisney.

Thanks Gord

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
to be fair we use sat nav and just avoid toll roads this takes us through some cracking villages and make a very scenic drive

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
eurodisney half term May/June

HI tashamarie
Hi there,
We would like to join in if possible. We (family with 2 children -13 and 11) are going to get annual passports as we are planning to go back in August.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back