Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Kinross shire
Funster No
MH
Merc 609D Conv
Exp
2 months
Hi, im Trish and we have just bought our very first motorhome to use for our very first family holiday. Me and hubby, 2 lovely children 6 & 4 years old. I have been looking for a handy "checklist" of things to make sure we dont forget to do and take. Is there anything on this site that would cover that ?

Tx:Smile:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi, im Trish and we have just bought our very first motorhome to use for our very first family holiday. Me and hubby, 2 lovely children 6 & 4 years old. I have been looking for a handy "checklist" of things to make sure we dont forget to do and take. Is there anything on this site that would cover that ?

Tx:Smile:

Hi

flyingwelcome

See this

Link Removed

Steve

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
welcome Trish. Always carry a pencil and paper round with you especially on your first outing ....... you will keep finding things that you need to buy.

Hint..... don't rush in though. So very often you find things on offer in cheaper shops such as Aldi or Lydl that cost a fortune in camping shops. Also, remember that things like your dishes have to last a long time so get some that you like. (I bought horrible ones and then you feel like kicking yourself)

Your motorhome will become like a second home to you so often you need two of everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, in answer to your question, of course there is jim produces the Motorhome checklist. see lik in my signature, click on the link for more details.

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Hi and welcome to MHF. Have a happy time.

Roy

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome sure the kids will have loads of great holidays from now on we keep the basics in the motorhome but other things we take in and out like we dont take our outside stuff in middle of winter for example.

Would be nice to know what you bought yourself.

Gerry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Howdy! :Smile:

As well as cheap shops, there are also charity shops and car boot sales which are a great source of bits and pieces for your motorhome. Don't go buying the stuff at the dealers/camping shops as you generally pay a bit more for a lot of 'general' stuff there. For now I'd suggest you use some stuff from your home and see what your really need in your van, and what you don't. We bought some of the heat-proof plastic type mugs as we thought we had to have them, but soon binned them in favour of some normal houshold ones as tea just doesn't taste right in plastic (plus they can stain quite badly). Oh, to save washing up, get yourself some cheap paper plates too ... much easier.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, you will have loads of fun. Start off with basics and add as and when dont go rushing off buying everything people tell you you need for it to be thrown in the shed 6mths down the line, you will soon know what extras are needed.
I would kit the kitchen area of your motorhome out though with what is needed plates,bowls,cups,knives,forks etc, pans and dont forget the tinopener and corkscrew, if those items are always in the motorhome you wont ever forget any of them

alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:welcomefunster:

Ivan:thumb:

OP
OP
T

trishajack

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Kinross shire
Funster No
MH
Merc 609D Conv
Exp
2 months
Hi and welcome sure the kids will have loads of great holidays from now on we keep the basics in the motorhome but other things we take in and out like we dont take our outside stuff in middle of winter for example.

Would be nice to know what you bought yourself.

Gerry

Hi Gerry - we bought a Mercedes 609D conversion done by Pilcher Greene. I wasnt too sure at first but after looking as some other standard motorhomes I was pleasantly suprised with the amount of space inside - it is a 4 berth. Fixed bunks for the kids - and double in the dining area. "Cosy" shower/bathroom and very nicely fitted hob/microwave/fridge. - Just thinking of a name now for him/her now.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back