Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Hello
I’m still searching for the right MH but I think we are narrowing the search, a little so here is a question for you knowable people out there.
Does anyone know if there is an A class Hymer with an oven and a rear bed the bed must be on the side with access to the bottom and one side so either of us can get up in the night without having to make to other get out of bed (happens a lot as I get older).

janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
hymer motorhome

Hello
I’m still searching for the right MH but I think we are narrowing the search, a little so here is a question for you knowable people out there.
Does anyone know if there is an A class Hymer with an oven and a rear bed the bed must be on the side with access to the bottom and one side so either of us can get up in the night without having to make to other get out of bed (happens a lot as I get older).

Hi you should look at the Hymer Exsis 562 the rear bed is 6ft x6ft wide, however it is two longditudal single beds or double that has access from the centre via two steps see listing Link Removed
In other words you can enter/exit the bed without disturbing your partner. Hymers do not have ovens but you could have one fitted after. Hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hello

Dunno about a Hymer buthave an A class Rapido with a fixed rear bed, unfortunately the websites rather skinny on details as the vans still at home waiting for it to be delivered down to dealership, over 3500kg and I cant drive it:cry:

RAPIDO 986M AUTO MERCEDES MOTORHOME 2003

There are three A Class Hymers on the website

Might give you some ideas.

Peter

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
over 3,500 Kg licence?

current or older model ?

the MH I mean , not you

OP
OP
J

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
over 3,500 Kg licence?

current or older model ?

the MH I mean , not you

I used to be in the Royal Corps of Transport and have driven most things in the past, I used to hold a HGV many years ago.
Would have to be older model as max of 20k to spend
I am 57 so dont mind taking a test but we hope to spend a month or two away each year touring France and Spain when retired so would like to keep the size and cost of fuel down as we will be on a very limited buget

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi John, I hope you find what you want, as has already been said an oven can be fitted to any van so long as there's a suitable space to put it (and you've got the dosh left over!).

One thing to watch though is the payload - make sure that any MH you are thinking of buying is put on a weighbridge so you know exactly what's left (and make sure you know what was in the MH when it was weighed too - an empty water take doesn't weigh much, but put 100 litres of water in it and that's 100kg of payload gone.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs .... :Blush:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I used to be in the Royal Corps of Transport and have driven most things in the past, I used to hold a HGV many years ago.
Would have to be older model as max of 20k to spend
I am 57 so dont mind taking a test but we hope to spend a month or two away each year touring France and Spain when retired so would like to keep the size and cost of fuel down as we will be on a very limited buget

Hi,

You should be OK if you have grandfather rights and still have a C1 on your license, unfortunately over 70 the poxy DVLA remove the C1 and you have to go through beaurocracy to get it back.

And they take their time doing it!

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back