Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I have a 1991 Hymer 544. When I top up with water I fill the Truma hot water tank by bleeding the air out, fine no problem.

If I leave it for 3 or 4 hours before using any hot water I have to bleed the air out again.

Question - Is this a non return valve issue (beware.. it sounds like I know what I'm talking about here but I really don't!!) the water doesn't appear to be leaking out so I'm guessing it is draining back to the cold water tank.

Any help / advice appreciated.......

A - Is my diagnosis likely to be correct?

B - If A is correct, where do I find the non return valve?

C - What else could it be?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

With the absence of obvious leaks in the pipe work I think you have diagnosed correctly ..

What type of pump do you have ?

If you have a submersible pump there should be a non - return valve in the discharge pipe close to the tank.. that's where I'd look first, if not there then follow the line until you find it. It may only need cleaning.

On the other hand, if it is a Surflo pump, they don't normally have a non return valve.. by design, the pump acts as a no return valve, so it may be a hole in the pump diaphragm.. or dirt in the pump.. before going further .. tell us what pump you have.

OP
OP
Redjumpa

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
It's a submersible pump. It works fine on the cold side so I'm guessing it's ok.

My understanding (limited) is the single pump "pushes" the hot water through the tank.

Sorry, that's about as technical as I get. If it is the non return valve what am I looking for, does it sit within the pipe or is it something large that will have conections at each side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
It's a submersible pump. It works fine on the cold side so I'm guessing it's ok.

My understanding (limited) is the single pump "pushes" the hot water through the tank.

Sorry, that's about as technical as I get. If it is the non return valve what am I looking for, does it sit within the pipe or is it something large that will have conections at each side.

Hi

it will look like or similar to this..

http://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=608

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back