Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
[FONT=&quot]We are spending the next few days sorting out the van ready for our Italy tour. I have emptied out all the draws, cupboards’ and Garage; as I look at some of the stuff my thoughts are, why do I carry this, why have I got three of them. Then the good bits, I knew I had one of them, so that's the safe place I put it in. who else has really looked at what they carry[/FONT]

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I daren't/that's one good reason to have an RV!

WE'RE NOT GETTING A SAT SYSTEM, me, but SWMBO spoke so now we have one of the in a box bits of kit, I have no idea how we managed with the last van:ROFLMAO:

Took me three lockers last weekend to find the dogs scewer thingy so we could tie her up outside with us:Doh:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
[FONT=&quot]We are spending the next few days sorting out the van ready for our Italy tour. I have emptied out all the draws, cupboards’ and Garage; as I look at some of the stuff my thoughts are, why do I carry this, why have I got three of them. Then the good bits, I knew I had one of them, so that's the safe place I put it in. who else has really looked at what they carry[/FONT]
A few years ago we downsized from a kontiki to a small vw camper, it was a bit of a challenge at the time, bit like clearing out your shed. After three years I don't miss any of it. Make a list of everything that you will definitely use on tour and it won’t be very long. The rest is just clutter using fuel to cart it around.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
:Eeek: poor dog, getting scewered outside ::bigsmile:

well Ive just found the thing to screw my dog after thinking I have not got one and struggling at Newark.

Well two things, First, its well known by myself and Eddie that if your going to be there we need not worry, We always know you will come good, from Drills BBQ spares you have the lot:thumb::winky:

Second, we had some people we knew in Scotland, they worked it like this, they went away for 5 trips, if they had not used something they took it out the van and left it at home. They swear that they know the stuff they took out was not absoloutly necessary and they could always get by with out it.
Dangerous game for you that one but look at me. When I was a way at Wigan last weekend I needed a 18v Dewalt cordless fully charged drill with drill bits. I looked really hard to find one in my van and low and behold a van not 2ft from mine had exactly what I was looking for:ROFLMAO: Further more it came fully equiped with a 6ft + operator wow, never knew what I could squeeze in to my van........ So the answer is, if you aint got it, you need to develop that cockney ponce-ing charm :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb::winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have so many double and treble of everything:Doh:

Know the feeling well.

See you at your stand at Wrenbury Pat:winky:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
No doubt you'll be selling loads of stuff at the Bring'n'Buy!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We're trying to thin our stuff out a bit - leaving some stuff in storage here at the campsite in Spain - there's a lot of stuff we don't use in the summer when we're touring UK so no point in carrying it!:Smile:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
thingies

Cleared my M/H out last week but the other half put it all back in again Just why do I need 5 pairs of trousers when I wear short in all weathers and I still have a decent pair of legs for it:Eeek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've just been emptying out our motorhome in readiness for collecting our smaller one a week on Monday. :Smile:

I was actually surprised by how little I had to discard! We've taken out a few duplicates, mainly in the 'cutlery' department (why did we need 3 corkscrews, 2 tin openers, more wooden spoons that I know what to do with and enough knives to keep Masterchef going!).:RollEyes:

Anyway, it's all looking very tidy and I'm sure the new 'van will have more than enough space for us and our remaining chattels ... I had a fight with the dogs though ... they simply would NOT let me remove ANY of the 20+ balls and toys they have in there ... everytime I chucked one out, they brought it back in!:roflmto:

Unfortunately we will be on holiday when the 'bring & buy' is on otherwise I would've been there ... will there be another?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back