MOT place with a pit, nottingham (1 Viewer)

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
MOT time is due in a week, hopefully i'll have the engie back together by then cambelt change, having the injection pump and injectors re-calibrated, moving the 2nd alternator etc)

where i used to live (Grantham) i took my van to a mot garage at ancaster as they used a pit instead of a ramp, but now i've moved to eastwood (notts) i'm not sure of any places round here, other than the ministry testing station at watnall (which i can use if i have to, but they are usually booked up solid)

reason i need a mot place with a pit is my van is 4.5 tons, so too heavy for most car garage lifts,

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
I use this place
Daves INDEPENDENT TEST CENTRE MANSFIELD LTD
Acorn Way
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
NG18 3HD

01623 625 666

Alan H

OP
OP
G

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
kewl,

i'll pop up and see when they can fit me in, once i have the engine going again that is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
There's always here....PM Geo...:thumb:

PECKS HILL GARAGE

Link Removed Call Us On 01623-644666
A Small But Well Equiped Worshop
Mansfield 01623-644666
VTS No: 8742BG
VaT Reg No: 738-3088-14

• MoT testing
  • Mot Repairs
  • All Makes Servicing
  • Engines
  • Engine Managment
  • Gearbox's
  • Clutches
  • Brakes
  • suspension
  • Tyres
  • Tow Bars
  • Accident Repairs and Paint spraying
moz-screenshot-3.png

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Council MOT centres can do the largest rigs..

By law these test centres must be open to the general public, as they only carry out tests, and don't do repairs, there's no incentive for mechanics to find faults that don't exist.

Eastcroft Depot, London Road, Nottingham, NG2 3AH
0115 9152008

seariderab

Free Member
Jan 20, 2010
Funster No
mot notts

hi NEW LANE MOTORS STANTON HILL £40 REDFERN COACHES DEBDALE LANE MANSFIELD WOODHOUSE £ 30 last year

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Thanks for the plug Steve unfortunately we cant get him in
Dave's independent only has ramps :Doh:
Surefire place, very large pit, does Vosa preparation for lorries good fair testers (I take my RV there)
Yardley's Kirkby Folly Road
Kirkby -In-Ashfield,
01623 514829
its nearer than Dave's to you anyway:thumb:
Geo

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Dave's independent only has ramps :Doh:

Yes they only have ramps , But I was told they can test any vehicle as long as the wheelbase is not greater than 7.5 metres

Alan H

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Our local MOTer was kind enough to complete his Class 7 bay just in time for our first MOT on the old 22' C class RV we started with, the new ramp was rated at 5.5ton and with Dodge at 4.75 he was able to MOT her, class 4 obviously just using the class 7 bay:thumb:

Winne's 6.731 so we had to go else where, she passed though, and the MOTer wasn't bad, I always worry about these things especially as I've been using the local lot for 15 years!

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
sherwood commercials in lenton have a pit and perhaps the one at junction 28 does
i know they have because we do their vending machines and they are near the pits

Aug 19, 2007
Derby/Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
31, 15 years this time round
Hi,
Couple of years ago we went to Awsworth, just over 610 roundabout.

Can't remember the name, ........'just' entering the village, first left, up there on the left.

Friendly guy, charged £40

Only a stones throw from you, worth a visit.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We use Wilford Lane Garage, on Wilford Lane, Wilford Nottingham, they have a pit and used them for the last ten years, very reasonale, steve ludlow is the man to speak to.:thumb:

OP
OP
G

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
blimey, so many to choose from,

i think i'll use redfern in mansfield woodhouse, 90% of the reason being their price, it's cost me enough to do all the work to the van (i'd hate to think how much labour would have cost if i couldent do it my self, not that i could get half the jobs done elsewhere, mounting a 2nd alternator isnt something many garages would do)

i was looking at using the council mot place, but it's a bit of a pain to get to, much easier for me to head to mansfield from the part of nottingham i live in (it's more derbyshire than notts)

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
blimey, so many to choose from,

i think i'll use redfern in mansfield woodhouse, 90% of the reason being their price, it's cost me enough to do all the work to the van (i'd hate to think how much labour would have cost if i couldent do it my self, not that i could get half the jobs done elsewhere, mounting a 2nd alternator isnt something many garages would do)

i was looking at using the council mot place, but it's a bit of a pain to get to, much easier for me to head to mansfield from the part of nottingham i live in (it's more derbyshire than notts)

If you do, just worth noting that they work very extended hours. (They have to, most of the buses they service for themselves and others are in use in 'normal' hours).

Though I've only used it to book slots in the normal working day, the online booking system allows you to get a slot from very early in the morning to very late at night, (and there are usually quite a few available). Could be useful if you're pushed for time.

Hope it works for you, I've had my current van done there twice, and the last MOT on one of the cars. Very friendly service, including a pre-check on whether my chipped windscreen would get through or not!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back