Covers (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Looking ahead some what... Do covers work ie keep van clean over winter ? Is it worth the cost of a fitted bespoke cover ? Anyone had any problems ie scratched, marked or damp van as a result ?

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
My van spent the winter under a Protec cover and inches of snow it emerged clean dry and undamaged. Protec cover is recommended for quality and very prompt service. Easy to put on and take off. Get one.

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
My van spent the winter under a Protec cover and inches of snow it emerged clean dry and undamaged. Protec cover is recommended for quality and very prompt service. Easy to put on and take off. Get one.

So is that a bespoke made to measure jobbie or off the shelf, trying to decide if the extra cost of having one fitted is worth it ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tucker_j

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
6 Years
After thinking long and hard about getting a cover for the winter it was something I never got around to sorting out. The van remained motionless on my driveway from 10th December to 10th March and all it took was a quick clean up (about half a days effort) to get it looking white and shiny again.

The only thing I did in between was keep the EHU connected to charge the leisure battery and put a CTEK charger on the vehicle battery. Oh, and cleared the snow off the roof when it got a 12" deep.

On this basis I won't be bothering with a cover next winter either

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
tucker_jOn this basis I won't be bothering with a cover next winter either[/QUOTE said:
Yes I know what you meen mine is fairly sheltered but gets a lot of leaves and sap from trees at the back. I acctually like cleaning but probably wont use van quite as much this next winter (got some other stuff planned for the winter) so decision time, also was thinking of making a kind of carport over it but not sure if that would help much as stuff would still blow through at the sides .... decisions decisions.

charlie24

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Maryburgh, Ross shire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Mine was bespoke and fitted perfectly. It has a fleecy lining which fluffs up when in contact with the van body preventing scratches. Not the cheapest but the best I have seen. Protec come to all the shows, you can see them there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Peter
Thanks for the link but I cant see the point of a 3/4 one, it may as well be full length.
ips

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back